jclalor

Students do the craziest things

My jaw is on the floor. There are no words.

Thank God the instructors had the wherewithal to keep this student from being choked by the bridle.

When they say "PULL!!" they mean pull and THROW the damn pilot chute. That's a scary video. :S

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

I would almost go so far as to say that the student owes a case of beer. Granted, that's AFF training, but STILL. A case of beer is not too much to give up for someone saving your ass.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

That's a pretty scary video, yes.... but I disagree with the description given by the video poster.

"student holds pc and it wraps around her neck"

should say instead

"student wraps bridle around her neck"

She didn't just hold the thing, she brought it under her body. I'm glad it worked out ok.
Owned by Remi #?

Evidently she made a few jumps a couple years back with a rip cord and was use to hanging on to the rip cord.

Possible yes, but evident no. Don't assume every reaction or problem has a precident. Some people do weird / dangerous things without a clear reason and with no prior history.
Owned by Remi #?

Sorry about the desription, I had a non-jumping friend put it on you tube for me.

You're saying that you gave a "non jumping friend" this video and that they knew what a pc was but otherwise didn't describe it well?

Sorry, man... but something smells weird about that. Where did you get the video?
Owned by Remi #?

I am a sometimes H-Town jumper. That is Hollister and I recognize one instructor. This is legit.

I didn't mean to imply that it didn't happen or that it wasn't Hollister, I just found the OPs response strange and wondered if he had the right to post it in the first place.
Owned by Remi #?

WTF am I lying about? and why would I?

I never said anything about lying. I said that I wondered if you had the right to post the video. You got it from "some guy" and gave it to "some other guy" to put on youtube.

Did you participate in creating the video in any way or do you appear in the video? Do you own rights to the video?
Owned by Remi #?