BillyVance

Man's jacket generates 40,000 volt charge of static electricity!

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:did you ever shuffle your feet on nylon carpets when you were little and then jump in the air as you touch your mates nose, to give them a static shock:D:D:D:D
This bloke would have blown you into next week:o:ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

sigh. Excuse me for being a geek, but volts does not measure CURRENT. Volts is the unit for energy.

The article keeps saying he had 40000 volts of current. meh. Amperes (amps) is the units for current.

He had 40000 volts of electric POTENTIAL built up.

If he had 40,000 amps (or even milliamps) of current moving through him, he'd be dead. as would everyone around him probably. It's current that kills you.

Still, it would be cool to walk around with a trail of fire. B|
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

Isn't he at most, a walking Taser Gun with that jacket on? I gotta see the bolt of static electricity that jumps to someone else who gets too close... :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

you are on it babe...

actually, most static electricity shocks that people receive from the socks-railing relationship measure in the thousands of volts and near zero current.
"Don't talk to me like that assface...I don't work for you yet." - Fletch
NBFT, Deseoso Rodriguez RB#1329

>He had 40000 volts of electric POTENTIAL built up.

Yep. Aircraft without static wicks can easily build up such potentials. Doesn't mean much as long as you don't form coronas (discharges around antennas and edges that interfere with communications) and you don't discharge suddenly (like to the metal nozzle of a fuel hose.)

I seen this chap at a gig who stood on a Tesla coil and projected lightning from his body by the means of a long pole and a wire suit.
The suit acted like a faraday cage.
The lightning was shooting off of his head arms and pole.
Pretty amazing sight to see.

Ill try and dig out some pics.

www.myspace.com/durtymac