ccowden

Hurricane Rita

Forecasted to be a Category 4 by 2pm tomorrow and could possibly hit New Orleans.

Well shit. :|

So what do we hope for at this point? NOLA getting another pounding on an already partially destroyed area, or Galveston and the rest of the bay taking a fresh beating?

Any which way Rita turns, someone's gonna get it.

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

I'm watching the news and they just said NO will probably be missed. Like Nate said, they will still get winds and rain. Heck, we got the winds and rain bands today and I'm hours away from the Keys.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Yeah, someone is gonna get hammered. Katrina was a category 4 when it made landfall too.[:/]

I keep trying to say, "Let's hope for the best"

What IS that, exactly, given the current situation?

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

We're hearing cat 4. We're still hoping that the high pressure area that's unfortunately probably moving East sticks around. There's not much between Corpus Christi and the border of Mexico, so we're not being all that mean-spirited if we consider how much easier things are for Houston-Galveston if it goes south.

Plenty of people have already started to leave. School district is shut starting tommorrow morning (which is hard on the parents who still have to come to work). We'll be putting bags on the computers in sometime around noon tommorrow most likely. If we don't leave by 6:00PM tommorrow, we get no choice in where to go -- it's all based on what exit route you take, and the city I have relatives in is not one of the destination cities.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

It won't weaken from what it is now. It will gain speed and intensity over the gulf.

Hard to say if it would be better to hit NO again. Anywhere it hits, it is going to be bad.

I know.

Gas prices will likely spike again if it rips up Houston and its refineres. A direct NO hit would probably do less actual monetary damage since it's already in such bad shape... [:/]

Or what Wendy said... there's gonna be loss of property and life most likely - the less populated the area, the better.

***Anywhere it hits, it is going to be bad.

Which is why my boys and I are getting out of dodge! I am blessed enough to have a mom in San Antonio I can go bunk with. I feel for those who have nowhere to go, especially the folks who sought refuge in Houston.
Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28

Forecasted to be a Category 4 by 2pm tomorrow and could possibly hit New Orleans.

It will most likely slam into the Texas Gulf Coast.

Oh, besides all the people, families, etc to be effected, stand by for a serious gas hike due to all of the refineries in that part of TX as well as other large oil infrastructure pieces.

If it hits NOLA, then there shouldn't be too much life lost or new property damage, just insult to injury, hitting new and undamages parts of the US is the bummer, that's what really hurts the US economy as a whole. This is due to many factors (insurance, FEMA aid, lost crops, lost industrial revenue and infrastructure, etc).

This just isn't any fun this year, huh?
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I wish I could help you guys but know you are in my thoughts and prayers. If you need somewhere to go I've got room. Get in the otter and you guys fly to Dublin...I'll look after you for awhile.

PLEASE be safe gang.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.