tigra

Rock Star INXS

OK, so who is going home tonight?

I hated JD's first song and thought his "original" song was pretty mediochre. Well performed, just nothing special or new about the song. Kept wondering where I'd heard it before..........

Suzie was good, but I've never thought she was right for INXS and last night didn't change my mind.

Liked Mig a lot. I don't get why they criticized his ballad as being inappropriate when they keep telling them ALL to show versatility.

I thought Jordis did great and I really liked her original song. I didn't get the whole "losing your fire" comments. Seemed pretty unfair. Its a rock band, she was singing with her "rock voice".

And Marty- I hated his first song but I loved his original number. I still don't think he's right for INXS, but the original song showed a lot of promise.

I'm thinking one of the girls will go tonight and it will probably be Jordis. I'd be really happy to see JD go, but if they didn't cut him loose last week, I doubt they will this week!

Mig bored me.

Susie nailed it.

JD was cute, but didn't do much for me. He's still impersonating Elvis.

Jordis will be there until the final moments of the show.

I loved Marty's original song. I think he has what it takes to get the job done and will have a lot more than a voice to contribute to the band.

My 2c. Jd's going home.

is

I hate the thought of Jordis leaving, but......she might be the one to go. She has the kind of voice that would make me buy any CD she would release. However, I think she wants to go, if you watch her when she isn't performing, it's as though she would rather be somewhere else.....sad to see her lose the 'drive'. Her rendition of "The man who sold the world" is haunting (in a good way) and I loved her singing "Imagine". I think Marty will be the 'chosen' one to win it all. I do think JD has what it takes to win too, but with the changes that Marty has made in his singing has really got INXS more on his side. Suzie has a great voice, but nothing special. Mig is awesome and always performs well, so it could be between Marty and Mig as the final two. I really do like Jordis the best.:)
J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

You know I watched the show a few times and when Jordis did the man who sold the world I was very impressed.

But after thinking about for a bit I began hating the show and feeling how fake it is.

Being a musician specially rock and roll you don’t give a fuck what any one thinks. You do what you do. If people like it cool if they don’t oh well.
This is a job interview not finding a rock star. The whole taking advice changing the way they sing changing their appearance is all bull shit.
In music IMHO the most important thing is originality.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Very true! Marty has been trying to add his style to their style and is doing it very well. JD continues to do it his way, regardless. They all have to realize they will be singing the INXS way and I don't think Jordis wants that anymore. She will make a name for herself regardless, or at least I hope so.

J

JD's song? Nope- I didn't even watch that episode. The song is just so typical 80s glam rock. Heard it before and I didn't like it then.

And Jordis? Maybe the pressure is getting to her. Who knows? Its getting close, and up until 2 weeks ago, she was definitely one of the front runners. I imagine the whole thing is pretty intimidating, especially for someone that young. I love her voice and I actually think it could work for INXS, might even be exactly what they need- new blood and a new direction. And wasn't Michael Hutchens a geeky introvert when he wasn't on stage?

At this point, I think Mig's got it, but I also never thought they would let Ty go last week.

If JD wins, I doubt I'll ever buy another INXS cd!

I avoided the show at first, but dayum, its a lousy TV season!:$ I clicked on and started watching when there was nothing else on, now I make a point to watch it.

I don't disagree with you though, AND to add to what you said, I find the show to be a bit ghoulish. Even Dave Navarro is bordering on hasbeen land, so between him and the remaining members of INXS its like they are feeding off this new young talent and hoping somehow to regain some of their old glory.

I'm still watching, and for some reason actually care about who wins!

I absolutely love Jordis as well. I just don't see her leading THIS group.

I see Susie and Marty in the finals. Susie is finding her own right now.

I honestly don't feel "growth" through sound advice is conformity either. Taking advice and using it to develop yourself is a good sign that a person will/can change as times do.

That's just my 2c again. :)

is

JD's song? Nope- I didn't even watch that episode. The song is just so typical 80s glam rock. Heard it before and I didn't like it then.

And Jordis? Maybe the pressure is getting to her. Who knows? Its getting close, and up until 2 weeks ago, she was definitely one of the front runners. I imagine the whole thing is pretty intimidating, especially for someone that young. I love her voice and I actually think it could work for INXS, might even be exactly what they need- new blood and a new direction. And wasn't Michael Hutchens a geeky introvert when he wasn't on stage?

At this point, I think Mig's got it, but I also never thought they would let Ty go last week.

If JD wins, I doubt I'll ever buy another INXS cd!

Your remark about JD's song is right on!:)
J

I agree about the whoe growth vs. conformity issue. There's a difference. And Suzie is finding her own- at least week after week she's grown on me. I still think Marty is 100% wrong for them, but I really did love his original song.

Truth is, at this point its all about ratings. They've seen more than enough to make a decision.

Oh, and WTF was Brooke wearing last night? Looked like a shorty night gown, and not even a very nice or sexy one! More like the kind you can find on the clearance rack at JC Penneys or Sears!

Oh, and WTF was Brooke wearing last night? Looked like a shorty night gown, and not even a very nice or sexy one! More like the kind you can find on the clearance rack at JC Penneys or Sears!

:D:D:D I thought the same thing! It really looked 'tacky'.

J

Very scandalous though – she could have been trying to tempt Dave Navarra. Do you think Carmen was laughing her arse off?

Back on topic…I wasn’t too crazy about Susie in the beginning, in fact the show was pretty stale and just a rocker karaoke theme. Now that it’s getting down to business, raw talent such as hers is shining through, while weeding through the wannabes.

The only unfortunate thing is, I FEEL that the BAND should vote for their new front-man/woman in the finale. I don’t think they’ll be doing that, do you?

All this talk of Susie, I’m still in favor of Marty. The 80s/90s are over. Marty has creativity on his side. I hope he gets it.

If he wins, you owe me a beer.

is

That outfit was so bad its like she lost a bet or something! Yeah, Carmen probably did think it was funny.

You've got the beer if Marty wins!:D I do like him, I just thinks he's all wrong for them. And there is a fine line between taking and working with constructive criticism and compromising your musical integrity. So far he hasn't crossed over, but if INXS tries to force him into their mold, he will.

And I thought the band WAS making the final decision, sort of like they do every week. Is it really supposed to be 100% on the viewers votes?

I honestly don't know. I'm just hoping its not an American Idol situ.

If the band votes... you owe me beer.

Nothing fancy, just light beer and ice cold. Have it shipped to Spaceland to my attention.

If JD wins, I'll wear that little number that watser face wore last night and post it on my avatar.

is

That sounds fair! I'm sure you can find it at any Sears or Penney's! :P (or in your mom's underwear drawer!)

I just assumed they would do the finale the same way they do the weekly eliminations- or at least similar. There's no real integrity with the voting system anyway- they TELL you its how the public voted but how do we know that's true? Its not like the votes are tabulated by some high profile accounting firm, right?

OMG.... Marty and MiG came to my office yesterday and I talked to them for about an hour. Marty sat next to me and played guitar and sang "Trees". They are BOTH so awesome!!!! :)
I'm going to see if I can get them to come skydiving with me this week, or in another week or two. MiG's wife was there, too, and she was also very nice. I have a photo of Marty, MiG and me, but I feel to weird to post it here.... plus I don't look too hot in the photo. Anyway, for those fans who were wondering what they're like, feel free to PM and I can give you some inside scoop.