craichead

Chicagoland Skydiving Demo on ESPN2, 10/5

ESPN2 College Football Primetime: Miami (Ohio) vs. Northern Illinois

Wednesday, October 5, 6:30 PM CENTRAL

The Chicagoland Skydiving demo team is doing a jump into the Northern Illinois University stadium this evening to kick off the NIU vs. Miami of Ohio night game live on ESPN2!

There are supposed to be eight jumpers: 4 Swoopers, 3 CRW dogs and 1 carrying in the NIU Huskies flag. We're not sure if there's going to be much pregame coverage, but be sure to watch for the CSC team right before the game starts. They're scheduled to appear as the national anthem ends.

CSC is also holding a Red Cross fundraiser raffle during the game which will send 2 lucky winners home with free tandem skydives. All proceeds from the fundraiser will go to hurricane relief efforts.

Attached is a preview of the jump. Hopefully they won't get weathered out!

_Pm
__
"Scared of love, love and aeroplanes...falling out, I said takes no brains." -- Andy Partridge (XTC)

Wishin you guys good luck with the demo then this evening!
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Swoopers: Doug Smith, Todd Davis, Nathan Dexter and Matty Wright

CRW dogs: Kurt Marsan, Paul Biggerstaff and Keith Paulsen

Flag jumper: Eric Bickel

_Pm
__
"Scared of love, love and aeroplanes...falling out, I said takes no brains." -- Andy Partridge (XTC)

Bummer, no coverage at all! They just showed a couple talking heads in the studio before kickoff. >:( :(

Well, usually the swoopers wear cameras, so maybe they got some good video...

_Pm
__