sinker

The perfect jump ship?

I've always thought the british could throw together an ugly airlpane. My favorite was the Buccaneer. I'm OK to say stuff like this because I flew the ugliest airplane ever built in the US, the A-10 Warthog.

Ugly, but well hung.

Cheers,

Mo

I've always thought the british could throw together an ugly airlpane. My favorite was the Buccaneer. I'm OK to say stuff like this because I flew the ugliest airplane ever built in the US, the A-10 Warthog.

Ugly, but well hung.

Cheers,

Mo

i always liked the way the warthog looked... beauty in the eyes of the beholder and all that...

-the artist formerly known as sinker

ya me too I loved the fact that they made the plane to do a certain job (ground support) It does it VERY well. I hope they don't get rid of them. Or atleast replace them with something tougher (if thats possible!)
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

ya me too I loved the fact that they made the plane to do a certain job (ground support) It does it VERY well. I hope they don't get rid of them. Or atleast replace them with something tougher (if thats possible!)

I saw a show recently that at Davis-Motham (sp?) in Tucson they are refitting the wings, stiffening them up, taking care of stress cracks, and upgrading the cockpit to an all glass cockpit so it can be operational for years to come.

I love that plane.

I took these, maybe a year and some change ago. It was sitting right in from of my (shops) hanger. Whatching it lift off was nothing short of amazing. It literally looks like it is floating - so slow. This was at MCO for those interested. She came through a couple times, the first it was dropping off a huge spindle assembly for a crane, and the second time it was dropping off some cooling unit for a nuclear something. Watch the ramp in front of an FBO at a busy airport and you get to see some cool shit...

D'Bo

I took these, maybe a year and some change ago. It was sitting right in from of my (shops) hanger. Whatching it lift off was nothing short of amazing. It literally looks like it is floating - so slow. This was at MCO for those interested. She came through a couple times, the first it was dropping off a huge spindle assembly for a crane, and the second time it was dropping off some cooling unit for a nuclear something. Watch the ramp in front of an FBO at a busy airport and you get to see some cool shit...

D'Bo

very cool indeed... i'd love to see that in real life... it's so big each wing has it's own weather.

upgrading the cockpit to an all glass cockpit so it can be operational for years to come.

does the glass upgrade come with a new pair of binoculars..... aka the A-10 target finder.....

yeeeppaaaa the Beluga is THE ship :)

Man!! It took all I had to keep from spraying a mouthful of Mountain Dew all over my screen after seeing that picture!!

Woooahh!!! :D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

The Twin Otter is a pretty good jump ship, my question is why hasn't the Dash 8 ever been converted to a jump ship? It seems that with a big door cut in the back of that thing it would be the jump ship of Nirvana.

A few weeks ago taxiing out of SEA I saw a streched -8, it looked like it could hold about a 100 jumpers. That would be the best.

Back to the A-10 thing, I loved shooting that gun, what a blast!! Those were the days.

Mo

The Twin Otter is a pretty good jump ship, my question is why hasn't the Dash 8 ever been converted to a jump ship? It seems that with a big door cut in the back of that thing it would be the jump ship of Nirvana.

A few weeks ago taxiing out of SEA I saw a streched -8, it looked like it could hold about a 100 jumpers. That would be the best.

Back to the A-10 thing, I loved shooting that gun, what a blast!! Those were the days.

Mo

ya know, I've thought the same thing, having taken the dash-8 on a lot of commuter flights... high t tail, tall cabin... i wonder if it's operating costs would be high... it's a pretty big airplane...

so you used to fly the hog?? i'm so envious!!! I've heard that when you fire that big 30mm, it can actually slow down the airspeed! amazing... when my dad worked at edwards, he'd go out to the gun range and scrounge some of the empty 30mm shells and bring'em home for me... as a teen, that was the best...