GetOut

bandless D-bag

Isn’t it about time for someone to develop a bandless main D-bag. It’s only been 30 plus years using rubber bands to stow lines and lock bag. Someone would make a killing if they came up with a viable solution. Geez I hate replacing broken bands every pack job!

Isn’t it about time for someone to develop a bandless main D-bag. It’s only been 30 plus years using rubber bands to stow lines and lock bag.

It's been done, although it's more work to neatly stow the lines without bands of any sort.

Someone would make a killing if they came up with a viable solution. Geez I hate replacing broken bands every pack job!

Tube stoes, calf castrators, silibands, etc. usually don't break. They wear out but you can replace them at your convienience (say last pack job of the day) when they start looking worn.

i have a couple that only require 2 locking stows, my teammate is developing a d-bag with no bands at all, and i've seen the pd factory team in the past have bandless d-bags. i can stow my d-bag faster than most people with d-bags with bands, or at the very least at the same rate
Slip Stream Air Sports
Do not go softly, do not go quietly, never back down

Recently I developed what you are looking for....It's called a "mPOD". This stands for "Magnetic Parachute Opening Device"...Test jumps have proven that it's a perfect solution if you want to get rid of rubber bands.
Check out the attachment...
You can contact me to make you one.
Go and see my site : www.pgasus.be
For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return...(LDV)

Do a search on "berger bag" and "bergerbag" and you will find at least 2 pages worth of links to this topic dating back as far as 2003 along with mfgrs that used to offer them as an option.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

None...so far, but where still in testing fase. As soon as we've done at least 1000 jumps with it, then I can state that this new "mPOD" is a huge success....Nevertheless, the current testpilots are very pleased with its results...B|...There are already 4 bags in the field, up and running and there will be added some more shortly...

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return...(LDV)

I'm wondering; Might there be the slightest whatever chance of the magnets interfering with the AADs circuity/chips?
The mind is like a parachute - it only works once it's open.
From the edge you just see more.
... Not every Swooper hooks & not every Hooker swoops ...

Hi Christian,

at first, I did have the same concern...So, I got in contact with all 3 AAD manufacturers and they confirmed me that the type of material used in the magnets does not interfere with the AAD electronics. They all have been doing some thorough tests... Thus ,one can safely jump a mPOD...

Hi Gábor,

You can find info on my site www.pgasus.be . The site is being translated right now and the english version will be available soon.

A D bag without rubber bands and equiped with line stowing pocket (just like a reserve free bag) has been made by GQ Security parachute manufacturer (if my memory is good) for the main canopy called the UNIT. That was in the early eighties.
Learn from others mistakes, you will never live long enough to make them all.

Here is what we have on our Seven main bag. We used just bands to close the flap and the remaining lines are in a reserve style pocket using magnets to secure it
Jérôme Bunker
Basik Air Concept
www.basik.fr
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Le-Luc-France/BASIK-AIR-CONCEPT/172133350468

Is that Velcro? If so its not good for the everyday jumper. Care needs to be taken packing. Velcro can do serious damage to your lines. In Fact, Reserve lines are uncoated, I have seen reserves that needed lines replaced, because the jumpers didnt stow their toggles when landing, and their lines got caught in the velcro from their risers.
Ray

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

Is that Velcro? If so its not good for the everyday jumper. Care needs to be taken packing. Velcro can do serious damage to your lines. In Fact, Reserve lines are uncoated, I have seen reserves that needed lines replaced, because the jumpers didnt stow their toggles when landing, and their lines got caught in the velcro from their risers.
Ray

No velcro, only magnets