G5fh84

Owes beer or not??

Nah, not for beer... but if you make your 100th or 1000th jump and don't say anything, there's no statute of limitations for the pieing... ;)

Heh. Already got my #100 pie. At Eloy. At the New Year's Boogie. In the bent prop. In front of about 50 people. :P

Lawyer she can afford it. BEER. You need to call her on that... just because you never said first dosen't meen it wasn't your first. If someone calls you on that shit you have to own up to it...
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

Lawyer she can afford it.

He was doing the typical skydiver thing of dressing up the truth a little. In reality, she's a law *student* and thus has very little money.

BEER. You need to call her on that... just because you never said first dosen't meen it wasn't your first. If someone calls you on that shit you have to own up to it...

This I agree with. Not buying your beer is bad karma. ;)

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

If you drink beer when other people buy it you should buy when you have to. I have bought beer just because I was drunk and felt warm a fuzzy. I didn't even have to just because.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

If you drink beer when other people buy it you should buy when you have to. I have bought beer just because I was drunk and felt warm a fuzzy. I didn't even have to just because.

A lot of newbies complain that they really don't know many people at the dz and feel left out of things. If they would buy beer once in a while, I guarantee everyone will know their name and invite them on a jump or two!

Blue skies,

Jim

[replyA lot of newbies complain that they really don't know many people at the dz and feel left out of things. If they would buy beer once in a while, I guarantee everyone will know their name and invite them on a jump or two!

From what I understand that is why the rule of beer was implimented. You buy beer you are likely to drink said beer you bought. You drink beer you chat it up with people while you drink just the way it happens. Also when you buy beer they generally ask why are you buying beer for, and they you tell them, and then people talk about the reasion why you bought the beer.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

OK your right......I haven't run into many CHEAP people so I haven't had the experience of writing the word in the past.....(note to self CHEAP not CHEEP).....plus I had just drank some of the $50.00 worth of Fosters I bought this weekend for NO "Firsts" but just because the keg was Bud Light and I hate Bud Light.

Maybe she is in "a program" of the 12 step variety. I know a very famous photographer who is and he never buys beer. Just a thought...

Surely that only gets you out of drinking said beer not buying it!!

I've been clean and sober for over 15 years, I still buy beer, beacuse of what it represents.
However, after my 500th I informed the people at the DZ, that I will NO longer but beer, all future cartons wil be PEPSI, if you don't like you can stick you head up ya bum and roll dowen a hill:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

BTW has she bought the beer yet:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

last time on top....I just wanted to move this up for the last time to see if I can get a few more votes one way or the other before I take it to her to see if she changes her story or decices not to partake in any future "firsts" celebrations.....I think if she doesn't want to buy then she should not drink that of others!!![:/]

Rule 8 says its voluntary. If she chooses not to buy, then she also chooses to NOT celebrate with others when they supply beverages of their choice.

Reading through these rules I realize I'm about four cases short at my DZ.

Yikes,

I hope no one recognizes me.

Cheers,

Anonomous Skydiver