j0nes

Why can't some dropzones get it right?

It's a marketing thing. I liked it better when "Skydive" wasn't part of the name, I just think it added more character when it was just Lake Elsinore, Perris, Lodi, Taft, and Cal City rather than "Skydive [enter town here]." I remember how upset I was at Jim Wallace (who I respect more than almost anyone in the sport) first advertised Lake Elsinore as the Jim Wallace Skydiving School. When I mentioned to him while he did indeed own the place he was only a steward of a long tradition like the others before him, he gave it a consideration and then I got the stink eye, and that was that . . .

NickD :)BASE 194

It's a marketing thing. I liked it better when "Skydive" wasn't part of the name, I just think it added more character when it was just Lake Elsinore, Perris, Lodi, Taft, and Cal City rather than "Skydive [enter town here]."

The fancy "Skydive [enter town here]" names are pretty much just for the whuffo's. I think it's an unwritten rule that somewhere around 100 jumps, skydivers must start referring to DZ's by location rather than business name.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Because at some point in the last few years America has become infatuated with three letter abbreviates for absolutely everything. SUV, CSI, etc.
Spike tv plays Star Trek: The Next Generation all day during the day, except they call it TNG. Nobody ever called it that when it was running!

Spike tv plays Star Trek: The Next Generation all day during the day, except they call it TNG. Nobody ever called it that when it was running!

That's because when it was running there weren't 14 different Star Trek series! :S:D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)