flyingferret

2 Bay area questions

I will be in the bay area for work Oct 25th-30th. And I want two things time permitting:

Great Sushi
and
A Jump

Time will be tight, so it will probably just be a jump, and probably on rental gear. I will be visiting clients in Modesto, Fremont, Napa, and MAYBe Sacremento.

So, where can I get awesome sushi?
And, where can I rent a semi elliptical 170ish rig to jump?
--
All the flaming and trolls of wreck dot with a pretty GUI.

Sushi-Tokyo Sushi (my favorite) as well as Osaka Sushi is in Davis, coincidentaly so is Skydance Skydiving, and Action Air where you could probably rent that 170 thingy you asked for. Davis is about 20 miles west of Downtown Sacramento
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Lodi is the closest dz to Modesto. Sacramento is close to both Lodi and Davis. Davis is the closest dz to Napa. Byron is closest to Fremont.

Dunno what availability of rental gear is at Lodi but I think Action Air at Davis has something suitable available and I'd bet that Bonnie at Gravity Gear in Byron would have something too.

Davis is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays, Lodi is open 7 days a week, don't know about Byron.

Can't help ya with the sushi thing, sorry.

Lodi has a ton of rental gear and it is all pretty new, everything from a 135 triatholon to a 260 triatholon and its only 35 dollars to rent it.

Unless things have changed from last year, that's 20 for the rig rental (including pack) and 15 for the jump ticket. With nearby Byron at 30 for the rig alone, thought it important to mention.

And the container is a wings. The nicest of the containers I rented in CA last year, leading to me buying it.

Blowfish Sushi on Santana Row (Awesome bars too),
http://www.blowfishsushi.com/webform1.aspx?bhcp=1
and of course the best place (in my opinion) to get a jump in is hollister. about 45 min south of San Jose, King Air, and great staff. (I dont think they have any semi-eliptical canopies available for rent though)
http://www.1800funjump.com

Check it out man, it would truly be a great time.

Does this place: Adrenaline Air Skydiving of Santa Rosa still exist? Got them off USPA, website is dead, phone number is dead. Thought it might be a nice view.

Gone as of June or so. DZO went to Missouri or thereabouts. Cloverdale is only 30 miles further north as option B.

When in Sacramento and your still feining for a jump go to either Davis or Lodi. You'll find something to rent at either place i am certain. When in Fremont you most definately need to head over to Byron as that will be zee closest from there...

Sushi you ask? Hmm.. I can not help you there unless you find yourself in the Palo Alto area...B|

Well...I never got to jump. The weather sucked when I was by Lodi, and the rest of the time, did not feel like driving out of the bay area and back for a single jump.

Good news: Blowfish rocked. The atmosphere was awesome. Amazingly, the sushi is on par with some nice creative sushi places here in Texas, I was pretty proud of that. In any case, appetizer, to sashimi, to rolls all were excellent, spent a couple hundred bucks between myself and a coworker. Thanks for the recommendation.
--

Does this place: Adrenaline Air Skydiving of Santa Rosa still exist? Got them off USPA, website is dead, phone number is dead. Thought it might be a nice view.

Gone as of June or so. DZO went to Missouri or thereabouts. Cloverdale is only 30 miles further north as option B.

Eh, I wouldn't reccomend Cloverdale....

----------------------------------------

I forgot to add, if you are ever there, check this place out in Oakland: http://www.quinnslighthouse.com/aboutus.html

Very damn cool ambience, funky nautical pub. Great service, great food, and on Thursday nights: Skip Henderson and the Starboard Watch pirate band. AWESOME!
--