Slappie

Let's drink and drive in FLA

"Ha meester coppola! You can't prove I'm drunk *stumble* so umm... got a beer?"

Story Breathalyzer source code must be disclosed

Florida police can't use electronic breathalyzers as courtroom evidence against drivers unless the innards are disclosed, a state court ruled Wednesday.

A three-judge panel in Sarasota County said that a defense expert must have access to the source code--the secret step-by-step software instructions--used by the Intoxilyzer 5000. It's a simple computer with 168KB of RAM (random access memory) that's manufactured by CMI of Owensboro, Ky.

"Unless the defense can see how the breathalyzer works," the judges wrote, the device amounts to "nothing more than a 'mystical machine' used to establish an accused's guilt."

Discuss..

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

The video on the dash usually works better than a breathalyzer anyway.

Well if you read the story, some judges are throwing the cases out. So it's a thin line to walk. I really have to agree with the defendants in some way. There was a DUI case (a bunch actually) where the cops were to be found having tampered with the insides of a breathalyzer. So give me the rights to question the validity of the machine that's going to cost me a lot of money, my respect, maybe a job and could even throw me in prison.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

The video on the dash usually works better than a breathalyzer anyway.

That is why you should never, ever, NEVER get out of the vehicle. This is no requirement for you to incriminate yourself. Especially on video. Chances are that if you get stopped, you are going for the ride in the back of the squad car anyway, SO, don’t give them any evidence.

Hand them your license, registration and insurance card and keep your mouth shut. Do Not answer have you been drinking. When they ask you to step out of the vehicle for some field tests, simply state in a polite way that you do not want to perform any field test. Saying “I’d rather not do that” will be fine.

The police will then arrest you for DUI. But remember, they were going to do it anyway. When they tell you that you are under arrest, politely get out of the vehicle and follow their instructions. But then, DON’T take any other test. Not a Breath Test, not a Blood Test and No Field Sobriety Tests.

They will charge you with refusal but so what. You are going to lose you license anyway. Don’t give them evidence that they don’t already have to use against you. They are not your friend. You will not talk or walk your way out of the situation. Never!

But really, I’ve already cut way back on my drinking and driving. I CAN’T AFFORD THE GAS ANYMORE!:o

If you refuse to take a field sobrioty test an police officer can arrest you on the spot. there is a little piece of paperwork that the DMV makes you sigh that says so
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

I hold a class A CDL, and were held to different rules.
It dont matter if Im in a personal vehicle or a commercial one, if I wanna keep that license I must submit to testing.
but then again, im not driving for a living anymore sooo...
I wont drink and drive anymore either. Ive put too many friends/family in the ground because of it. [:/]
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

If you refuse to take a field sobrioty test an police officer can arrest you on the spot. there is a little piece of paperwork that the DMV makes you sigh that says so

The police will then arrest you for DUI. But remember, they were going to do it anyway.

That's what he said. The point is you are entitled to all the same protection as anyone else in your jail cell (legal representation, non-self incrimination, etc.) UNLESS you piss away all of these rights by blowing, bleeding, staggering down the white line or giving them any other iron clad evidence to instantly convict you. If you hold out, the burden of proof is still on them.
That fine print on the back of your DL is an EXCELLENT psychological gimmick. But remember who's telling you to sign it: someone who would rather have you do their work for them than be forced to prove, 4 months later in court, that you were drunk.

Ever heard of anyone spending a year in the can and losing their license for 6 months just for failing to comply with a drunk test?
OrFunV/LocoBoca Rodriguez/Sonic Grieco/Muff Brother #4411
-"and ladies....messin with Robbie is venturing into territory you cant even imagine!-cuz Robbie is

The point is you are entitled to all the same protection as anyone else in your jail cell (legal representation, non-self incrimination, etc.) UNLESS you piss away all of these rights by blowing, bleeding, staggering down the white line or giving them any other iron clad evidence to instantly convict you. If you hold out, the burden of proof is still on them.

How about not drinking and driving. What is sooo hard about that? If you drink-dont drive. Simple concept to me. I would be more than happy to be the designated bitch for a night to keep my buds out of jail or in the worse case alive!
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Ever heard of anyone spending a year in the can and losing their license for 6 months just for failing to comply with a drunk test?

Yep. Happens in Maryland all the time. In fact you can be in the can for five years for refusing a test. Somehow this has passed muster and is not self incrimination. (I don't know how)
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

That's VERY poor advice.

In many jurisdictions the penalty for refusing to blow is just as bad (if not worse) as positive blow.

It may be good advice in your hometown, but I would definately NOT be broadcasting that advice nation or worldwide, like you are on DZ.COM

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

In many jurisdictions the penalty for refusing to blow is just as bad (if not worse) as positive blow.
_Am

Too many people were getting off of legit DUIs due to refusal and spending the night in jail. In IL it works against you to refuse.

I live in Sarasota.
Here and around FL we can easily buy a can of beer or even a case at the gas station! There are even drive thru liquor stores!! And yet we can't legally drink while driving??

I just had lunch at a waterfront restaurant, and was able to get my dessert drink (a milk shake of icecream and coffee liquors) to go!!!

It was a very pleasant Friday afternoon drive home!

Marc

"The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly." --GK Chesterton

Gets my vote. Wholeheartedly.

Why, oh why, do people drink and drive?

I have the same question of why. Once I decided to walk home (about 2 miles) from a bar 1 night and somebody called the cops cause I was stggering down the sidewalk. When the cop got there he asked what I was doing. I told him I was to drunk to drive and I left my truck at the bar and was walking home. He told me to get in the car, I thought I was going to jail but he took me home and wished me a goodnight. I have also called a friend in the middle of the night and woke him up to come get me from the bar. If they are anything of a friend to you they will do this. Better than having to come bail you out of jail. People who get DUI's get no sypathy from me and I hope they get the harshest punishment. Just my opinion.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

You know what I love.. I love the holier then thou people.

hmph, go preach in some other thread.

If you can't get the SARCASM in my post then please refrain from replying with a "I'm better then you, because you're stupid" attitude in my posts.

Thanks >:(

You know what I love.. I love the holier then thou people.

hmph, go preach in some other thread.

If you can't get the SARCASM in my post then please refrain from replying with a "I'm better then you, because you're stupid" attitude in my posts.

Thanks >:(

I didn't get much sarcasm from your post--it was more like, "I'm going to do whatever I can to foil the system." (You said: "So give me the rights to question the validity of the machine that's going to cost me a lot of money, my respect, maybe a job and could even throw me in prison." The two statements aren't equivalent, but they feel like one and the same thing.)

That being said, he never even replied to you, so why are you attacking him?

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

Rookie was not responding to you.

And I will back him up anyway. You don't want to get arrested for DUI. STOP DRINKING AND DRIVING.

That is not preaching. Its simple fact.

Plus, you post to a public thread where ANYONE has the right to respond.
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

HAHA jeez.. I wasn't attacking anyone. Don't put that shit on me.

It was preaching.

As for me wanting to foil the cops. Bleh, I don't drink and drive. I posted the story because I follow techie stuff and it's a hot bed. Drinking an Driving is like talking about sex, guns and aad's.

It will always get the people who are better then everyone else out of the woodwork.. weak.

*edit again*

I was also not looking for a discussion on drinking an driving. It was more about the laws and how Florida is being considered a test bed for the defence of revealing the source code of the breathalyzer machines.

Ohh since it's not a debate on whether we should drink an drive everyone is quiet now.

I thought so..

Ohh since it's not a debate on whether we should drink an drive everyone is quiet now.

I thought so..

Makes you wonder why the parking lots in bars are bigger than the bar:D:D
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

I thought so..

Makes you wonder why the parking lots in bars are bigger than the bar:D:D

LMFAO!! No shit.. and why don't taxis line up at bars like they do hotels? You know some poor bastards going to stumble out and need a ride. :D