boinky

Who Will Win? Scorpion vs. Black Widow Spiders

[BLACK]LET'S GET READY TO RUUMMBBLLLLEEEE!!!![/BLACK][/B]

Introducing the combatents.

In one corner, we have a scorpion. The same kind that has been torturing Boinky nightly for two months now.

In the second corner, we have a LARGE Black Widow Spider.

And in the third corner, we have a SMALLER Black Widow Spider with two egg sacks.

The three combatents are put into a container together. Which do YOU think will win?

Pics are of the contestants.

More about the rumble to come.....
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

Just the other day we put this ugly brown hairy spider in with our captured black widow and the black widow lost. We were pretty shocked and bummed by the outcome.

Holy shit! YOu guys killed the Black Widow?!?!?

I wanted to see her egg sac hatch. >:([:/]:D
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

Just the other day we put this ugly brown hairy spider in with our captured black widow and the black widow lost. We were pretty shocked and bummed by the outcome.

I wanted to see her egg sac hatch. >:([:/]:D

Not me. I hate spiders. I wanted to see the eggs hatch too. They still might. [:/] It was kind of a cool fight though. Felt like I was watching the nature channel. I mean come on... it was too windy to jump! :P

Obviously the scorpion. We tried these sorts of deathmatches when boredom set in on overseas desert deployments.
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

I understand. Still mad though. :P

You weren't there when wingnut stepped on the huge wolf spider in the middle of the packing area a year or so ago..back when we had carpet.

Well, that was a momma spider and she just happened to have about 1 TRILLION baby spiders on her back. And guess what went flying in every direction across the floor? :o
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

Why do you have these creatures in one tub anyway?

Ummmmm....'cause we can? ;)

Seriously, after three years in the sport, you should know all about bored skydiver stunts by now. :)
Nina

Whoa....wait a minute. WE did NOT kill anything. Whatever the outcome, it was the insects that did it (well, sort of).

I wanted to see her egg sac hatch.

The egg sacs are still alive, although I won't say they won't eventually die. Besides, do YOU want a zillion Black Widow Spiders crawling around in YOUR packing area? B|

While the scorpion was brought in, the Black Widows were taking up residence in the hangar. :o
Nina

Not only will the spiders not get through the armor of the scorpion, black widows are pretty slow as spiders go. Scorpions on the other hand, are not, and they have claws too.

We used to do that with rhino beetles and wolf spiders and stuff when I was in grade school. The armored stuff always won.

|>.<|
Seriously, W.T.F. mate?

OK...so the large Black Widow has been a "kept" spider, in captivity being fed choice morsel grasshoppers and what not. The little Black Widow was hanging out in the hangar with the egg sacs.

You can see the egg sacs in the first attached picture here.

The large black widow has obviously learned that age and intelligence is better than youth, bravery and brawn. She just sits back and lets the little one be stupid. See the second attachment. The two of them got into QUITE a tussle. The spider was able to get in some good bites, but as predicted, she evidentally never penetrated the "shell" of the scorpion.

While the two of THEM are having a fight to the death, the large one calmly starts putting down webbing. See the third attachment. If you look closely at the right of the picture, you can see little droplets...attached to a fine line.

More coming soon....
Nina

I reckon they'll team up together ansd plot to kill Boinky>:(

Leaving lepodoptera... Please dont touch the display little boy.......
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I reckon they'll team up together ansd plot to kill Boinky>:(

[RED]ROFLMAO!!!![/RED][/B] :D :D :D

You know....that wouldn't surprise me at all! ;) I'm SURE that the Mafia family scorpions in my current residence have put a "hit" out on me! B|
Nina

eeeeek how did you get the scorpion to the dz?? you're way braver than i am! and where did the other spider some from? i was there when they caught the first one, but now i can't tell if the one they caught this summer has grown a ton orrrrr if they found another. my bet is on the scorpion... although that b.w. is massive!!!!:o
i didn't lose my mind, i sold it on ebay. .:need a container to fit 5'4", 110 lb. cypres ready & able to fit a 170 main (or slightly smaller):.[/ce

eeeeek how did you get the scorpion to the dz??

I caught him here in the place I am living under a dixie cup and manged to get him into a water bottle. I cut holes in the lid and in the bottle. I then carried the bottle to the dz today.

you're way braver than i am!

:$ Yeah, Mike said the same thing. The only way he said he was catching a scorpion was with the bottom of his boot! ;)

and where did the other spider some from?

She had built a web under a table up next to manifest. One of the guys just sort of scooped her up into a container and then we dumped all three of the combatents into the one container...along with the eggs.

Everyone is thinking the scorpion is going to win..but I think the large, older spider is smarter than they are giving her credit for. ;)
Nina

So the little spider and the scorpion battle it out. Unfortunately for the spider, the scorpion manages to get in several hits with his tail.

Shortly thereafter, the little spider is dead. And the scorpion is munching on his "spoils." See attachments.

For those of you who voted on the scorpion, don't pat yourself on the back just yet.

Don't forget that there is still the wise older, larger Black Widow. She has already spun some web and the scorpion did get caught in it. We got him free...but it won't take much to get hung up again....especially if she spins more tonight.

While she might not be able to bite him or eat him...she can trap him...and he would eventually die from starvation.

We shall see what happens in the coming days.
Nina

YUP! That's me!!!! CRWdog through and through!!! ;)

I don't know where in the world you all heard about the roller derby. She doesn't [B]DO[/B] roller derby...she watches it!!!

Although, if I'm brave enough to let people put their legs in my lines...and play with scorpions, I *MIGHT* just be persuaded to do roller derby too!!! :P
Nina

who cares...

...i already told you....put some alcohol on the scorpions back, and watch it flip out. It'll provide good entertainment :D

CReW SKies,
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

Hey, no fair! I voted for the big Black Widow, and she would win if it weren't for your interference. I am betting that the big girl will be smart enough to stay away from the scorpion, and do just waht she has. Build a web and catch the little bastard.

But since you guys want YOUR outcome, you just go ahead and keep cheating!:P