Scoop

Why are footballers (soccer) such assholes?

Soccer hooliganism in Europe is legendary, but somehow I think one or two teams in England has the worst of the worst... Is Liverpool one of them?

I didn't see the Swiss-Turkey game so I'm not sure how bad they were...

Hey, that sounds like a sandwich combo to me... :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Hey, sure some of the British supporters are bad. Notoriosuly Chelsea, Milwall, West Ham, Tottenham etc but Im talking about the footballers. They all had a mass punch up because they lost. Losers!

What an example 22 grown men fighting in the tunnel and one was hospitalised with groin injuries.

Its a game for neanderthals (sp?) with no hope.

I know in rugby or ice hockey etc the players have issues they sort it out there and then and I kind of respect that. But sulking footballers....

tut tut tut tut tut

It has more to do with being men than footballers. Look at the Indiana-Detroit NBA game last year. Rucking in Rugby is pretty low.
Turkey is notoriously a "hot" team with a "hot" crowd. Hell, Liverpool and Galatasaray fans burned down the center of Copenhagen few years ago...

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

They may well be overpaid and assholes, but look at the NBA? What do you call that? These guys get even more money for chucking an oversized orange into a hairnet and live a lifestyle that is in some cases totally disgraceful!

Soccer players are sometimes prats, like Wayne Rooney, but in the last 30 years the game has lost much of it's fire with so many rules and regulations.

I think there was a lot at stake at that Turkey VS Switzerland game, but the turks are very hostile to other nations when it comes to soccer, only a few years ago a Leeds United fan was stabbed to death because of Turkish hooligans, not the english for a change who in general have gotten better.
Da Brit

Soccer hooliganism in Europe is legendary, but somehow I think one or two teams in England has the worst of the worst... Is Liverpool one of them?..

Blackpool qualifies...ask Skinny

You have to be an asshole to play...pre-requisite for the job.:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

this entire thread is why i dont watch any sports anymore. havent since football (US), baseball, hocky, NBA, all went on strike. i honestly dont even know what season it is, (except that it is skydiving season all the time) i mean, these people are getting paid to PLAY. hell if i a couple of cheers from mom and dad when i was playing soccer, i would was over joyed. ALL fans need to strike, put them out of business, and start over...

Overpaid and with too much attitude.

Anyone else see the disgusting display after the Turkey/Switzerland match? Did that in public theyd all be arrested [:/]

actually, as paradoxal as can be, swiss footballers are paid peanuts... They are the "working poor" of that sport. Sport has no consideration in Switz. If you want to be a sports(wo)man, you need DETERMINATION and parents who will help you. Sports is not a job in this county, but a distraction, a hobby.

And the suckers are the people who support this sport besides Frenchy :|
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

And the suckers are the people who support this sport

Thanks, Nico![:/]

Seriously, has anyone watched little league Baseball games and how some of the parents act on the sidelines?
Whenever there is competition, there is adrenaline (and sometimes major misused testosterone). The majority of people act fine, but there are assholes everywhere.

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Thanks, Nico![:/]

Seriously, has anyone watched little league Baseball games ?

The majority of people act fine, but there are assholes everywhere.

edited for you :)

Not me :|

SOOO TRUE:|

And the turkish people living in Switz (or a big part of the integrated ones) were so ashamed by what happened...

Soccers... :|
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Bunch of pampered prima-donnas or pre-maradonnas if you like;)

I mean any sport that seems to involve faking injury to gain advantage as a legitimate strayegy just plain sucks.

I wonder why they dont use televised replays to get to the truth of a foul, like the 3rd umpire in a cricket international.

I walked past the training grounds of the local FC the other day and there were chicks lined up at the fence with half their ass and boobs hanging out, hoping to catch the eye of a local millionair footie star......:S
*Disclaimer*
The views expressed in the above post may or may not be the result of drunkeness or temporary insanity and should only rarely be construed as the views of the poster himself