unformed

South Park

Nope, just a normal serving of decency.

WTF is a normal serving of decency?

I'll bet my definition is different from yours! :D:P

Captures the subjectiveness of the word, "decency," brilliantly.

Sounds like something Andy DuPhrain would hear in Shawshank prison![:/]:P

Chuck

decency may be defined differently for different people, but for MOST people, there are common denominators... one could even make the argument quite convincingly that there is perhaps a normal distribution of "decency."

there are those things that most people would consider decent. the avatar in question, IMO, would fall pretty far into the "indecent" tail of the bell curve of decency here... some here may find it acceptable, most would not. and while dz.com is no democracy, the "court of public opinion" here certainly holds some sway.

IMO, that avatar has no place here and, regardless of it's reference to internet games or whatever, it needs to be removed.

-the artist formerly known as sinker

Yes, last nights episode was one of the better ones I've seen lately. I knew it was gonna be a good one as soon as I heard " Tom Cruise is in the closet and won't come out" . Brilliant!!!!!!
Then of course John Travolta and R kelly are in the closet as well. The whole scientology thing was great.
I'm sure Tom Cruise is out there going, have you read scientology? Then you don't know what you are talking about. I've read scientology and I know what I'm talking about. I have a much better understanding then you.
I hope Katie takes her baby and runs.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

decency may be defined differently for different people, but for MOST people, there are common denominators... one could even make the argument quite convincingly that there is perhaps a normal distribution of "decency."

there are those things that most people would consider decent. the avatar in question, IMO, would fall pretty far into the "indecent" tail of the bell curve of decency here... some here may find it acceptable, most would not. and while dz.com is no democracy, the "court of public opinion" here certainly holds some sway.

IMO, that avatar has no place here and, regardless of it's reference to internet games or whatever, it needs to be removed.

And you watch South Park?

Anyone have the Towely stuffed toy? On one side, his eyes are open and clear and when you press him, he says, "Don't forget to bring a towel!"

The other side his eyes are bloodshot and half closed and he says, "I have no idea what's going on."

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Anyone have the Towely stuffed toy? On one side, his eyes are open and clear and when you press him, he says, "Don't forget to bring a towel!"

The other side his eyes are bloodshot and half closed and he says, "I have no idea what's going on."

Hell yeah I gots that toy. It was an xmas gift 2 years ago.
He also says "don't preach to me fatso!!"
Skymama's #2 stalker -

HAHAHA!! Noice! :D:D

I'm in tears here. Some people are just Itching to do a little Bitching!

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

HAHAHA!! Noice! :D:D

I'm in tears here. Some people are just Itching to do a little Bitching!

fact is that NO, I don't regularly watch south park.... but that has nothing to do w/ my post about a fucked up rape avatar. while sudsy and I were on the phone, I was flippin through the channels and saw nicole kidman beggin tom to come out of the closet on that episode... and that was all....

i'm not itchin to bitch, i'm itchin to stop harmful shit. eat it.

Ahah damn people calm down, its changed

hang on a tick there. you're telling people here, in a public forum, to calm down. many of these people, me included, did not/do not know the "internet joke" that your avatar referred to.

However, there ARE women on here who have suffered from sexual assaults, both at DZs and elsewhere. Having a creepy picture of a hooded man that says "you gonna get raped" here in such a place is far from appropriate. As a former therapist who has treated rape victims, immediately after the assaults in ERs, and in long-term therapy, I can tell you that even seeing a small avatar such as that can induce some degree of negative symptoms consistent w/ PTSD.

you probably didn't mean to offend, I believe that. but, still, it was offensive to several, male and female. we'll get over it, you'll get over it, everything will be fine. but please don't pawn off responsibility for poor judgement on your part, however "innocent" it may have been, onto those of us who you think have more "delicate sensibilities."

thank you for deleting the rape sentence.

Then of course John Travolta and R kelly are in the closet as well. The whole scientology thing was great.
I'm sure Tom Cruise is out there going, have you read scientology? Then you don't know what you are talking about. I've read scientology and I know what I'm talking about. I have a much better understanding then you.

You don't know what you're talking about. You're glib.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

i'm itchin to stop harmful shit. eat it.

I found you're telling me to "eat it" very harmful.

You should therefore, stop it?

Hush. All's well. Move along, nothing to see here...

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Yeah I understand, right when I got the message and saw how it could offend people I changed it. Just I dont check this site that often and when I came back to see all these pm's and messages I was suprised, but should've guessed it would be offensive.

Yeah I understand, right when I got the message and saw how it could offend people I changed it. Just I dont check this site that often and when I came back to see all these pm's and messages I was suprised, but should've guessed it would be offensive.

again, thanks for changing it... 'twas good of ya. :D

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

That is so right!:D:D:D:D

So many faces!:D:D:D:D

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

The one and only time that I actually sat down for any length of time to watch the show, I was, eeerr stoned;) (something about Santa Poo or Santa Turd, it was around Christmas time). I actually could UNDERSTAND what they were saying. This was when they were first on the air;). I can't watch anything like that if I have to "really" listen to what they are saying. I'm sure its an extremely funny show, I just wish they would take the marbles, chipmunks, squirels, etc. out of their mouths!!

Bobbi
A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.