cmchristian

Moving to AZ...Thoughts

Hey all,

My work may be taking me to Yuma, AZ. Anyone live in the area or can anyone give me some input about it?

Thanks for the help

Chris
--------
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body; but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting 'Holy s#$* what a ride!'"

Phoenix is great.

I just moved here about a year ago from Massachusetts.
Tons of jobs in Phoenix....you should be able to find work no matter what you do here.

Try to live more towards the south side of phoenix, because then it is a straight shot to Skydive Arizona...one of the best dzs there is.

if you need help finding a place to live, my wife is realtor, EDIT: NO ADVERTIZING PLEASE

let me know if you need some specific answers to things, pm me if you need to.

jeff D-16906

I lived in Yuma for 3 months while the GK's were out there. As said previously it is between Eloy and San Diego. Yuma itself is a military town (probably why you are going) and it is extremely boring. If you don't HAVE to go then I don't know WHY you would. :S :D

Ahhh come on.. Yuma isnt that bad! You probably were there in summer before all the college kids came down to spend the winters there to party it up! :D...

Actually, just in case people who dont know Yuma take me seriously, replace College Kids with Snow Birds ...:D

Yuma is what... About 3 hours from Eloy? Its definatly a retirement town that explodes in the winter months.

We just moved to Tucson and really enjoy it. Quite a few jobs around here too. Less (or even no) smog compared to Pheonix, and a lot less traffic. Its also cheaper to live in. Its about 45-50 min from Eloy. same as the south end of Pheonix).
Remster

Do you ride dirtbikes or quads? You will be right next to some awsome sand dunes. If you haven't ridden sand dunes it's great. It's kind of like a giant scateboard park for dirtbikes, and the sand coushins the falls. You will come into contact with the border patrol alot by Yuma, road block check points on the freeway etc complete with dogs and everything. If you have any bad/ illegal habits this is not the place for it.
James