swedishcelt

flu

Is it definitely flu rather than a very nasty cold?

I had flu about a month ago and it absolutely wiped me out. I was aching all over and running a high fever. Those are pretty classic symptoms of flu.

The advice I was given was to stay inside (not that I would have been able to go out even if I'd wanted to), keep warm and drink plenty of fluids. I was also told that there was no need to see a doctor unless/until the flu went to my chest. Mine did after about a week (bronchitis) and the doctor gave me a week long course of antibiotics.

All told, I was over the worst (back to work) in 2 weeks but was feeling very weak for a further 2 weeks.

Hope you feel better soon!

Vicki

OK, let's not scare the child.

It's VERY doubtful that it's bird flu. There's more of a chance of me learning to swoop than it being bird flu.

That said, 10 days IS on the long side for the Flu, especially if it was "gone but then came back," as you say. It can't hurt to check yourself out with a doctor - it could be a really nasty flu, but it could also be a sign of something else - a viral infection or something similar.

So be on the safe side - go get it checked out.

There's more of a chance of me learning to swoop than it being bird flu.

:D love it!

If it goes much longer go see a doc. Your immune system should be kickin the ass of any viral infection by 14 days. If it's not getting any better, it's check out time just to be sure.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Ya we'll rape the local objects, and maybe do some jumps too!"

Thats not true, the chances are slight but not nill. If the chances were nill why would the U.S. have a stock of 4.3 millon vaccines for it? Its not probable but any strain of the flu is dangerous and more so for some then others. Either way I suggest for her to go to a doctor , my opinion ... flus are not something to play around with, and most agree they shouldnt even be left unchecked at all.
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

hmmmm if its not bird flu that only leaves hmmmmm let me see....*tapping finger on chin* .....I would say its Maple Syrup Urine Disease that must be it....

Ill prescribe a box of chocolates and some hot cocoa and call me in the morning if the ringing in your ears doesnt go away
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

Anyone had it recently? How long did it last for you?

I can't seem to shake it. Thought it was gone but it came back???

oi B|:(

Oh, babe, I feel your pain... It's definietely one of those "curl up under a thick pile of covers" moments... :S

If I was a little farther north I'd make you soup and keep you warm...:)
And maybe a little sweaty...;)
"I gargle no man's balls..." ussfpa on SOCNET