pajarito

GAME DAY! - WAR EAGLE!!!

I don't feel like the BCS has broke when it came to sorting out undefeated teams

Heh, I feel like the BCS has to be one of the most worthless and wrong system the NCAA could have used. Then again, trying to take that many teams and have a natonal champion is a hard thing. As a first step there needs to be a true championship game, the way the bowl system is setup I don't feel like the real #1 and the real #2 team have played each other in a true championship game often enough.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Hhhhhmmm, funny you should throw in here. If A&M takes care of Oklahoma, half my issues with the BCS this year will be taken care of. Then, all I need is one more team to take care of either USC or Miami. :)
Oh, yeah, and there's that small issue of AU taking care of it's business also. ;)

Like I said in the other thread (well, I just said it), since OU is at Kyle Field this year, all bets are off. They're a better team then A&M, but A&M has pulled out some serious wins over much better teams when playing at home. The 12th Man really makes it hard for teams to play...hell, it makes it hard for them to hear anything. A couple of years ago on the field the sound was registered at 106db when the opposing team had the ball and about 50db when the Aggies had the ball (the fans quiet down so our team can hear each other and perform well, but get LOUD to confuse the other team and make is so they can't even hear the snap count).

Recently, if you watched the K-State game, especially the first half, you'll see a lot of mistakes made by K-State due to the noise level in the stadium.

I'm excited, give A&M a couple of more years with Coach Fran and things will be going good.B|
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Just wanted to post another big WAR EAGLE!!!

Auburn...continuing to climb...as predicted...by me!
Ole Miss the latest to fall.

Got this week off. We play Georgia next in Auburn.
Should be one of the toughest games this year but, again, I predict Auburn wins but by a close margin. I'll reinterate what Coach Tubberville has been saying. It would be a shame for a team in a conference as tough as the SEC, such as Auburn, to win all of their games including a Conference Championship game and not get a shot at the National Championship. That wouldn't say much for the current system.

Bring it!!! B|

Honestly, until about a year ago, I'd never even been to a football game. Then I got married. My wife is a HUGE Bulldog fan (she was a trainer for the UGA football team as an undergrad), to the point that the neighbors (in Idaho, where this is not taken as normal) look at us funny because of the giant 'G' on her (red) car, and the 'G' flag flying at our house. She pretty much thinks the best thing about moving to Idaho was the fact that "UGADAWG" was not taken for a car tag (don't even think of trying to get that tag in Georgia, where she's from, or Alabama, where we lived before this).

It should be a good game, though. And hey, if Georgia doesn't win, I'll be pulling for Auburn to win the National Championship after that.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

It should be a good game, though. And hey, if Georgia doesn't win, I'll be pulling for Auburn to win the National Championship after that.

Well that's certainly fair and sportsmanly of you! I've always liked Georgia - nice team, strong but polite rivalry, amicable neighbors... not like Alabama or Florida. ;)

I will however, be wearing my "Kick Mutt!" game day t-shirt! B|

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Well that's certainly fair and sportsmanly of you! I've always liked Georgia - nice team, strong but polite rivalry, amicable neighbors... not like Alabama or Florida. ;)

I will however, be wearing my "Kick Mutt!" game day t-shirt! B|

Absolutely! Georgia is a huge rivalry. Always one with class, though. I've never had anything against UGA and love the games. I lived in Birmingham, though, for about 8 years growing up and then 4 more years after moving back later on (don't get me wrong. I like Birmingham and surrounding areas. I don't live there now, though). I can't stand Alabama fans especially there. That was NEVER a neutral site for a game and it was a happy day when it got moved. Legion field (which I've jumped into about 8 times B|) used to be Alabama's home field away from home. I love to see UA get beat. They're still trying to resurrect Coach "Bear" Bryant there. :D He's kind of like Elvis these days. Florida also (goes without saying really ;)).

Woof!

Yeah..."woof" is right!
Went to the game and Auburn dominated all 4 quarters. GA got one of their receivers literally knocked unconscious. The best hit I've seen in person. He hit the ground face first and didn't move a muscle. That's SEC football! The referees all but gave GA a touchdown to prevent them from getting shut out. He was a full yard away from the end zone. His foot kicked the side marker. Although, somebody aught to tell the referee that the "ball" must cross the plain and not just your foot. [:/] Then GA missed the attempt at going for 2. Final score 24-6. Based on difficulty of opponents, Auburn should move ahead of Oklahoma in the polls if there is any fairness in the system at all. Auburn should beat Alabama easily next week making it a perfect undefeated season. We should play Tennessee in the SEC Championship bowl. I'm also going to that! B| Then, we should play USC for the National Championship. I must say, I predicted this after the LSU victory. Bring the pain!!!

WAR EAGLE!

Sigh. I'm just so happy!

Not in eleven years, my sophmore year, have I seen this. And we're not on probation this time. It's glorious. Simply glorious.

Keep on goin' Tigers! WAARRRRR EAGLE!! HEY!!

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Do you have the VCR tape special on "the perfect season?" I do.

Are you talking about the 1993 (11-0) perfect season during Terry Bowden's 1st year as head coach at Auburn when we were on probation and couldn't go to a bowl or contend for a championship? That was a great season but Terry Bowden is a little fat turd! Those were all Pat Dye's players and recruits. The Auburn program did nothing but go down during Bowden's time there. Now, he’s just a very sucky announcer with a short man’s complex. He amplifies his high pitched squeaky little voice b/c nobody will listen to him. I said this last year and not just b/c Auburn is doing so well this year. Auburn should be very ashamed about what they did to Tommy Tubberville last year. How they went behind his back and interviewed Bobby Petrino for his job after all Tommy's done for the program. Even after the LSU victory this year, they told him that his job still was not secure. What a bunch of losers! I wouldn't hold it against Tubberville if he won the National Championship and quit. Anyway, I grew up in Auburn and went to school there. You did too by proxy. Beauregard is close enough to be considered family. I can love em and still talk bad about em.

Goin all the way this year, though!!!
Auburn is unstoppable!

AUBURN TIGERS

WAR DAMN EAGLE!

Bring it, USC!!!

Maybe I should get this moved to Speaker’s Corner. It’s getting ugly. This REALLY pisses me right the f$*k off!!! # 3 Auburn Tigers decisively beat # 8 Georgia Bulldogs and the # 2 Oklahoma Sooners beat the unranked Nebraska Cornhuskers. Auburn and Oklahoma are both undefeated and are competing for the chance to play for the National Championship. How is it that the Tigers didn’t move ahead of the Sooners into the # 2 slot after last weekend? What is wrong with this system???
>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Man!!! All these Bonfire people need to get more aggressive and talk some football! Its way too smooth and easy going in here. WTF! How boring is that?!

I guess everybody better get ready for Auburn (THE University of Alabama) Tigers to put a shellacking on The Alabama Crimson Tide this weekend and run the score up. Yes, I said it! I've never in my life made the mistake of calling the Auburn/Alabama game ahead of time but this is the year! I don't know if it will change the minds of all the biased sports reporters out there but at least they'll put on a show. What a tragedy it will be if the two best teams in the nation don't get to play for the National Championship. [:/]

Very nice publicity here. Sorry for not cleaning it up better:

Subject: ESPN's Scott Van Pelt's thoughts on AU
>
> Imagine you have been married to the same woman for more than 30
> years,you love her more than anything - nothing could ever change that. You have
> shared many of your best memories with her and would never leave her
> under any circumstances. Then you spend a day with a woman who in some
> ways is more beautiful than your wife...you may never see her
> again...but you won't forget her for a while either.
>
> Maryland is my wife...Auburn is " the other woman ".
>
> If you all love college sports - and I assume you do - you really need
> to see a game there. I have been lucky to see a lot of places, I have
> not seen a lot of places like that. It's an amazing scene in every respect.
Granted, I was there for # 3 vs. # 5...Auburn was 9-0 so it was bound to be good.
>
> Some highlights:
>
> I arrived at night with the stadium lit up like a Christmas tree. It
> sits dead in the middle of campus. A shrine...literally their church -
> only services are held on Saturday. Made me say....hmmmm...this is
> promising.
>
>Gameday scene -
> tailgating in every available space...and not like some field full of
> RV's - though they had that too. But literally people grilling and drinking in
> every available spot for as far as the eye could see. I lost count of the
> number of bands and stages and this was at 9 AM.>
>
> The Fans -
I knew I was in a " red state " from all the Suburbans with W stickers
> but the truth of it is, this part of Alabama is an orange state. Every
> man woman and child is in the same shade of orange. Not unusual I know
> ...but THIS was...they are nice, friendly , and polite - to GEORGIA
> FANS. Nobody called anyone in Black and Red @#%$ or *sshole..nobody
> told them they sucked nobody told them *uck you. These people are your
> friends, you don't know it yet because you haven't met them - but when
> you do - you have met a friend. you want a beer ? some bar- B - Q ? grab some. Let's talk for a while....war eagle...let's have a good game. I saw this at tailgate
> after tailgate. Stragglers who wander by are offered anything that's
> available - didn't matter what color they were wearing. This is the
> oldest rivalry in the South - they call it Brother vs. Brother and
> they mean it. Now there are certainly cliche's about downhome country
> sensibilities - but these folks embodied the best part of the notion
> of southern hospitality. Though many did admit it's a tad LESS civil
> for the Iron Bowl.>
>
> Tiger Walk :>
> Impossible to describe. Im - possible. A human welcome mat for the
> team. The team walks through several blocks to Jordan - Hare through a
> sea of people. I asked somebody how many folks were there and was told
> they could never come up with an accurate head count but that they
> were certain it was " well in excess of 25,000 people. " That looked a little light to
> me...I would have bought 40 grand. 2 hours before kick the streets in
> all directions were completely - and I mean COMPLETELY jammed. It was
> like a religious experience. If you can be in the middle of this - and I was lucky
> enough to get to walk through it - and not be overwhelmed , you are dead my
> friend. ( I just went Larry King on your asses- sorry )I was honestly in awe.
>
> Gametime :
> The eagle circles as 87,521 people ( less the UGA fans ) cheer
> Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar EAGLE HEY!!! The eagle pounces on some
> meat product and the hair on the back of your neck stands up...then if
> you are still unimpressed you get an F 16 flyover and were off and running.

> Auburn dominates, the band plays, the fans hoot and holler louder than
> anywhere I have ever been ( and go Spinal tap and take it to volume 11
when UGa tries to audible ) 24 - 6 and it's time for more food and drink...but before that...
>
> Toomer's corner :
> everyone converges on the intersection of college st and whatever the other
> road is and they toilet paper every tree in sight. By the time it's over, it looks like a blizzard has rolled through Alabama. There are no riots,no police, no cars set on fire. There are families from grandparents to infants chcuking rolls of toilet paper all over the place. Again, i just shake my head at a loss...and maybe a little jealous.>
>
> It's a special place, the best scene I have ever seen for college football. I have ZERO doubt " our " TEAM could someday be as good. As fans though, perhaps we should aspire to be as classy as those I was hosted by. The type of hostile, vile garbage we are subjected to on the road and are certainly guilty of at home is just embarrassing when you see how they do it elsewhere. Not preaching here - just some thoughts of one VERY
> proud Terrapin after seeing the light Auburn style.