pajarito

GAME DAY! - WAR EAGLE!!!

Aubie's got it goin on! B|

"Land, air or sea, Auburn fans can find Aubie just about anywhere spreading the spirit of Auburn University."

Yeah, but can he bare-foot it??? :ph34r:
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Geez you people post a lot! I had to go to pg. 6 to find this.

So, it's that time again: WAAaaaaaAARRRR EAGLE!! HEY!! Game on!! 'Bama's gonna get the hurt put on 'em tomorrow. Regardless of the season (i.e. it'll be over in the first), this is one game no true Auburn fan can miss. I'll be at SRO with the Houston Area Auburn Club watching and cheering.

In other news, I just found out that Steve Spurrier, the coach I can't stand, is going to be coaching my other alma mater, South Carolina. [:/] The only reason I'm not more upset is that I've never considered myself a Gamecock (he he, she said cock.)

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

(he he, she said cock.)

One of my former co-workers was in the USC scuba diving club. She showed me a club picture one day....they were all wearing t-shirts that said Wet 'Cocks Go Deeper. :ph34r:

EDIT: Forgot to add.....tune in tomorrow for another Buckeye thrashing at the hands of the Wolverines. GO BLUE !! B|B|B|

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

(he he, she said cock.)

One of my former co-workers was in the USC scuba diving club. She showed me a club picture one day....they were all wearing t-shirts that said Wet 'Cocks Go Deeper. :ph34r:

Don

:ph34r::D Yeah, I was there from '96-'98, and they had hats that said "You Can't Lick Our 'Cocks"

They don't sell those anymore. [:/]

(For those of y'all unfamiliar with Southern US parlance, "lick" means defeat. Yeah, defeat) :ph34r:

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

And just in case anyone who doesn't know about the AU/AL rivalry, you can read about it here (scroll to #3, but notice how they say it's really #1.)

Also, if you're one of those confused individuals who think we're the Auburn "War Eagles", you can educate yourself here.

B|

They don't sell those anymore.

Well, we have a reputation to uphold here in the South....we have to keep our southern belles chaste and pure. ;)

Don

BWAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!

What's a Southern girl's mating call?

"I can't feel mah teeth, y'all!"

(he he, she said cock.)

t-shirts that said Wet 'Cocks Go Deeper. :ph34r:

I remember one that said "They don't make Trojans big enough to cover our Cocks" It was several years later before I got the joke:$
I am not the man. But the man knows my name...and he's worried

Tomorrow is the big day...Bama vs. Auburn

This rivalry is insane. We'll be watching it while deepfrying Turkeys:P

It's definitely the most intense and electrifying rivalry in college football!

Enjoy the game!

ROLL TIDE! And I'm not ashamed to say that Auburn has everything looking like a sure victory this time... we'll see....
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Tomorrow is the big day...Bama vs. Auburn

This rivalry is insane. We'll be watching it while deepfrying Turkeys:P

It's definitely the most intense and electrifying rivalry in college football!

Enjoy the game!

ROLL TIDE! And I'm not ashamed to say that Auburn has everything looking like a sure victory this time... we'll see....

I'm a Bama fan..but the others at the party are all Auburn fans:o...if we score, I'll say "YAY" briefly and quietly under my breath for fear of a flog fest:ph34r:

11-0!!!
Sloppy first half but the whole second half "brought the pain" on BAMA. Extremely tough rivalry! One of the best! I don't think the sportswriters did their homework on this one. You've got to take more than points into consideration when judging this event. SEC Championship Game next against Tennessee. I'll be at that one! B| The only thing standing between Auburn and 2nd place BSC standing right now is Oklahoma's record last year. Not what they've done or who they've played this year. Auburn's played tougher opponents. The best college football team in the nation could potentionally not get to play for the National Championship because of a f%$&#d up system. It will be quite a shame if that happens.

WAR EAGLE!!! :)

WHEW! I was watching at the local Auburn club's sports bar, and that first half had us tense. I will gladly eat my words about us cleaning up in the first, because AL played great, and we played not so great... until the second that is.

WAAAHOOOO!!! 11-0!! Oh yeah! Go Tigers!!

WAR EAGLE!!! B|B|

It was a good game, just like most of the Iron Bowls in the past. Alabama came out ready to play and is the only team to shut Auburn out in the 1st half all year, but of course, we're beat up and missing our entire starting backfield, and had others with injuries staying in to play that normally would have kept them on the bench. Bama gritted it out, but Auburn was just too strong.

The only thing that really irked me was some Auburn players playing with oranges after the game. They haven't earned the right to play in the Orange Bowl yet. So if they don't go, then they look stupid. Counting chickens before they hatch has a way of doing that. For that reason, I've half a mind to hope Auburn doesn't go... I know, I'm just being spiteful, but hey, it's the Iron Bowl and emotions do flare up every year.

I agree on one point though, the BCS system is no better than it has been, because it does not factor in the potential of 3 or 4 unbeaten untied teams from BCS conferences at the end of the regular season vying for the right to play in the national championship. If this happens this year, I'm sure we'll see more changes to the BCS format.

Some coaches have advocated a 4 team playoff. I like this, but not by using the existing bowls. #1 vs #4 at #1's home stadium, and #2 vs #3 at #2's home stadium 2 weeks after the conference championship games are concluded (this year's conference champ games are on Dec. 4, so the playoffs could occur on Dec. 18, and the players still have Christmas at home. Then the two winners meet in the national championship game at the end of the bowls.

All in all, Auburn's had a great season, and yes, the potential of them getting left out is real. It happened to Southern Cal last year. We'll see where all the chips fall.

Blue Skies
Billy

It could just as easily have been Alabama 21, Auburn 0 at halftime. Credit Auburn's red zone defense for holding us down to 6 points after 3 drives inside the 10 yard line. They are that good. My hats off to them.

Now if we'd had Croyle, Hudson and Castille, and a healthy Wesley Britt and Ken Darby, the game could potentially have turned out much differently.

The bottom line, a loss is a loss, no moral victories in this rivalry. I'm already looking forward to next year for Brodie Croyle's senior season! Auburn won't have Campbell, Williams or Brown anymore. :P

Blue Skies
Billy

The only thing that really irked me was some Auburn players playing with oranges after the game. They haven't earned the right to play in the Orange Bowl yet. So if they don't go, then they look stupid.

Trust me, with Auburn's only National Championship being in 1957, they aren't the one's who started the whole "throwing oranges on the field" thing. I think they've got every right to be pumped up about the possibility and to voice their support. Alabama's done it 12 times (full credit given) but they've been in withdrawals ever since Bear died. Talk about obnoxious fans! I lived 8 years in Birmingham, AL growing up when the Auburn/Alabama game was always played in Legion Field. That was NEVER a neutral site for a football game and was always slam packed full of ASSHOLE Alabama fans. Most of them had never even seen the campus in Tuscaloosa. I don't blame you for not pulling for Auburn, though. I'm originally from Alabama (Auburn) (Also went to AU) and I'd pull for the worst no-name Northern college football team against Alabama any day of the week. Especially, if it was for the National Championship. Roll Tide Roll on till Next Year!

I think the BCS is pretty assed up. Auburn is playing and soundly defeating higher caliber teams. Oklahoma is surviving off last year's performance. Not this one. Between Auburn and Oklahoma based on performance this year, Auburn has clearly demonstrated themselves to be the current best team and has proven themselves to be one of the best teams in the nation deserving of a shot at the title.

I'm still holding out hope the situation will work itself out. My memory may be faulty, but I seem to recall a few years where undefeated teams would drop out at the very end of the season due to an unexpected loss.

Oh, that happens more often than most people think. Remember Nebraska in 1983? They blew the hell out of everybody on their schedule by 30 or 40 points, I mean EVERYBODY. They looked like an NFL team in disguise. Then comes along the Orange Bowl against Miami and they lose 31-30 on a failed 2 point conversion for one of the biggest shockers in college football history. Hard-luck Auburn was #3 at the time and the top 2 teams lost, and they finished #3.

Then there's #1 Miami on a 28 game winning streak and gunning for their 2nd straight national championship at the end of the 1992 season, and what happens? Alabama puts on a whupping for the ages and did not allow an offensive TD in a 34-13 win, for their last national championship. We didn't even need Bear's help to win that title. :P

Billy

Alabama's done it 12 times (full credit given) but they've been in withdrawals ever since Bear died.

Hmmm... Maybe, but we've not done much better or worse than Auburn has since Bear retired. From 1983 to now, including this season so far:

Alabama - 179-86-2
5 SEC West Champs
3 SEC Champs
1 National Champs

Auburn - 183-74-5
3 SEC West Champs
4 SEC Champs

After Bear, we just came back down to the rest of the elite pack from Cloud 9, no shame there for me. :P I can't speak for everybody else though.

For what it's worth, Auburn probably should have won the national championship in 1983 as the highest ranking team to win the bowls. After all, they beat Michigan by 2 points, Miami beat Nebraska by 1 point. The polls then are just as screwed up as the BCS polls are now! :|

This may be my last attempt at keeping this thread alive as Auburn might get "screwed" out of being allowed to play for the National Championship this year despite outperforming the team from Oklahoma who's in front of them right now. I'll be at the SEC Championship in Atlanta, GA tomorrow night. 6:00pm EST on CBS. Time to put the "ass-whoopidda" on Tennessee....again!!! For all who bleed orange and blue, one more

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!

Bring the pain suckas!!! B|

Is that the curling thread?;):D:D

PS: USC all the way, I'm afraid:)

Probably will be USC this year. Unless the Big Blue gets hold of their ass. All USC's got is the pass. Auburn can do both very well. Auburn's defense can shut USC down. Auburn's Jason Campbell, "Cadillac" Williams and Ronnie Brown can do the rest. That is, if the BCS wants to make it a real contest consisting of the 2 "best" teams in the nation. Probably won't happen though. It's quite a shame. [:/]