iko

GREATINGS

hi to all members on this forum!!!!I am a new member and have one Big question.I will buy a full face helmet and I am in dillema which helmet to buy-freezr,oxygn or Z1.I wear eye glasses.I live in Europe so i will have to buy it in a store which will ship it to Croatia.Any suggestions from anyone??THANKS

I own and use a Z1 (going on 8 years, I think) and my glasses don't fit under the visor. My glasses aren't even that big; my head mostly fills the shell though, I use XL padding; your head may leave more room for glasses.

I've tried a Freezr but found it too big, it didn't feel solid or comfortable, it felt too big really.

Never worn an Oxygn, sorry.

(You know how most fullface helmets are the same shell for all sizes and have different paddings for differently sized heads, don't you?)

I strongly advise you to try on any helmet you're thinking of buying for fit; this need not be the specific helmet you're buying but should be the exact make and model (and preferably not with a 10 year-old liner in it); you may be able to borrow a friends' for a jump or two.

If and when you know *exactly* what you want, just order it from any webstore in the States and pay in cheap US dollars.
Johan.
I am. I think.

I've been trying to buy one for 10 years.:S Either they are too small (largest size available), the size I need isn't the one I expected, I can't see my chest mount altimeter, I don't like the restricted peripheral vision, I want better protection (i.e. protec), or I'm just too damn cheap.;)

But, I you can't try it on first for size, be sure you can return it, unjumped. Call the individual manuf. for sizing help. One company's XL is another's medium! But you really do want to jump it first, or at least try it on. Especially with glasses.

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

What he said. Also, a certain helmet's size L can be another helmet's size M.

If the manufacturers can recommend a size to you based on your head measurements, that would help some.

I have had a Factory Diver (the original) for 12 years and it feels very comfortable. Then I got a Bonehead of the same size, and it's almost too tight. I had to heat it up a little bit to stretch the sides apart a little so it would slide on and off a bit easier.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I've owned and jumped and Oxygen A3 for close on 7yrs and never had any issues with my contacts, even when I lifted the visor under canopy. I now own a Factory Diver and it works great, no issues with my contacts.

You cannot go wrong with SkySysyems ...

Hello Iko.

The nearest dealer for z1 helmets would be Matej Jerman from Slovenia.

The best price dealer for skysports helmets would be Peter Galos from Slovakia.

If you want you can PM me and i will give you their phone numbers/mails. Can't find them now.

Blue skies

Edo

I wrote their info in a PM.

I have never seen a freezr helmet, just heard of them, and i'm not sure about the dytter space. I'm pretty sure it has one. Not sure about the external mount. I have a Z1 for 5 years now. Im happy. my girlfriend had a factory diver for 9 years and just bought another one.

Just make sure it fits your skull and you will be happy with either of them. (or oxygen for that matter)

Blue skies
Edo

PS: Come to Novo Mesto if you have time on 1.5.-2.5.08.

Pilatus porter and good times
4000m
21 evra

Ask around for Edo and will drink some beer