BenediktDE

UPT Louie loops on Type17 risers?

I ordered a new Vector and wanted to have to louie loops. Now I receive an email from the dealer that sais:

UPT told me that they don't offer Louie loops on Large ring, Type 8risers only the miniring, type 17. Let me know if you want to switch to the mini ring risers or wants to go without the louie loops on large ring risers.

Do you have an idea why they are not offered on Type8 risers? I am used to Type8 and have the feeling the risers are easyer to grab in an emergency situation (traffic avoidance).

I am not a rigger but see no reason not to offer them for type8 risers. Do you have an idea?
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.

For the same reason you could get a RDS on a Sabre2 210.

Its a swoop mod for hard-core swooping, not really useful in day to day skydiving.

Besides, that last thing you want to grab in an emergency situation like traffic avoidance is to grab a hold of your front risers and yoink.

If you would like to discuss why please contact a canopy pilot you trust for coaching or atlesat some good discussion.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I ordered a new Vector and wanted to have to louie loops. Now I receive an email from the dealer that sais:

UPT told me that they don't offer Louie loops on Large ring, Type 8risers only the miniring, type 17. Let me know if you want to switch to the mini ring risers or wants to go without the louie loops on large ring risers.

Do you have an idea why they are not offered on Type8 risers? I am used to Type8 and have the feeling the risers are easyer to grab in an emergency situation (traffic avoidance).

I am not a rigger but see no reason not to offer them for type8 risers. Do you have an idea?

Even though its as simple as just constructing them for you, it isnt as easy as that. Before UPT will modify, or sell a new product they test it and evaluate it. And as mentioned above, if your jumping type 8 risers you dont really need louie loops.

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

with the loui loops there's so much material the slink has to go around that it barely fits with the type 17, with type 8 it would just be way to much fabric to get the slink around.

also, what everyone else said applies as well.
Slip Stream Air Sports
Do not go softly, do not go quietly, never back down

And as mentioned above, if your jumping type 8 risers you dont really need louie loops.

You and Aggie Dave are forgetting that type 8's are recommended for jumpers above a certain weight, regardless of skill level.

-Blind
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."

You know there is a balance between safety and performance that many dedicated swoopers perform. 300 HMA isn't a very safe line. Take it to terminal a few times and POP, you just blew out half a lineset.

A full RDS makes regular skydiving a severe hassel, with an added 500-ish feet added to your opening time for reeling in and stowing the RDS.

Jumping at or above a 2.5:1 wingloading isn't the safest thing either, you have to be 100% ahead of your canopy or you'll get seriously hurt.

Just like everything else in skydiving, its a trade off. Dedicated swoop mods aren't really great for everyday skydiving even though it can be done. Just like dedicated CRW mods aren't great for your rig when you're doing 15 ways all day.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

with the loui loops there's so much material the slink has to go around that it barely fits with the type 17, with type 8 it would just be way to much fabric to get the slink around.

Thank you for your replies. The slinks are a good point. Did not think about that.
So I'll order Type8 with standard loops. Thank you for your explanation.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.

I've been around awhile and am embarrassed to ask, but I gotta know, wtf are louie loops?

Keith

''Always do sober what you said you would do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.'' - Ernest Hemingway