noblesmelissa

Yep, got my XBox 360

From what I've heard you have to have an HDTV for it to be impressive.

I don't know who put that idea out there, but it doesn't make any sense. Games are to the point where more resolution/framerate will not make them look any better, IMO. The improvements will be found in new game engines, processing, polygon count, lighting, effects, so on.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

I don't know who put that idea out there, but it doesn't make any sense. Games are to the point where more resolution/framerate will not make them look any better, IMO. The improvements will be found in new game engines, processing, polygon count, lighting, effects, so on.

People who have played and played it first on a normal TV then drug it over to their friends place who had an HDTV. It was their opinion that it needed to be played on an HDTV and I was just relaying it on.
Fly it like you stole it!

Well... actually, proper HD games should look better in the same way that proper HD movies look better.

That said, putting a game or movie that isn't HD on an HD screen and stretching it to fit the width, will only make it look worse.

That's my point. Current video game technology can still improve on itself while staying in a normal TV format. There is no reason to move up to the next format until it looks as good as possible on the current format. So the entire concept of HD games, even "proper" HD games, is sort of screwy to me. Video games still look like video games, and assuming the goal is to make them look like real life (which most companies are trying), simply jacking up the resolution and framerate will not make a difference.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Jacking up the resolution and framerate will certainly make a difference. More polygons won't be noticeable without the higher resolution. The framerates don't need to go higher but they need to be able to remain where they are at while improving poly counts. If you don't think video games look real you haven't seen some of the sports titles for the 360 on a big HDTV, they are amazing.

Greenie in training.

I agree, but I think the main reason for bringing games to HD is that prices are constantly falling for HD TVs, and pretty soon they will be the standard.

Wouldn't it suck to have to play all your games on a set they weren't compatible with, and settle for them looking like complete shit as a result?

In Reply To

I don't know who put that idea out there, but it doesn't make any sense.

It REALLY doesn't make sense when you consider that the 360 doesn't even support HD-TV. Other consoles are promising 1080 resolution for their upcoming systems. I've pretty much decided to return the XBOX 1 and get a PS3 when they come out next year.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Oh, 14 hours is nothing!! Im super tough...B|

I've had loads of practice, anyway, with the waiting in line. Try going through AFF....cloud holds, wind holds, weather holds, not enough tandems to make a load holds...

Any student knows what I'm talking about...:P:P

And I hope you do end up jumping off a cliff one day...with a perfectly good parachute strapped to your back, of course...:)

I see... so there is actually some synergies between skydiving and black Friday fighting at Walmart... I will try to use that excuse for spending soo much money on a license.

auch...B| got me... I know I am just a wannabee skydiver!

Who got me into this? I am sure I will end up jumping off a cliff one day... and if that doesnt finish me off - my relatives will anger