skinnyshrek

help on xmas dinner

I know there's a bunch of you good cooks out there so help me out.
The wife and i are doing xmas dinner at our house. What is the best way to do the turkey with the stuffing and trimmings. Just a little help not used to doing turkeys..Thanks
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

what about cooking and doing the stuffing..Its not the amount im bothered i will eat it..lol Its the preparing
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

Stuffing a turkey is the best way to make stuffing, forget what they say about it not being safe. But for you, if this is your first go around I would cook the turkey and do the stuffing on the side. Most bags of stuffing in the grocery stores have decent recipes, but nine times out of ten you can add just about anything to make it "your own". I tend to add celery, green pepper, onion, bacon or sausage (but NOT both) salt, pepper, thyme, and majarum (sp?, its a spice). Butter the inside and outside of the turkey. Salt the cavity of the turkey after buttering it. and cover it until the last 30 to 40 minutes of cooking.

Bobbi
A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

I know there's a bunch of you good cooks out there so help me out.
The wife and i are doing xmas dinner at our house. What is the best way to do the turkey with the stuffing and trimmings. Just a little help not used to doing turkeys..Thanks

Wrap yourself up in a bag and crawl in the oven for about 8 hours. That would be the biggest Turkey, I would probably spice your self up a bit.:P

Either that or go to El Chico's

Have a great dinner my friend.

1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup chopped pecans
4 cups (1 12-oz package) fresh cranberries (Use frozen if you need to).

1 Wash and pick over cranberries. In a saucepan bring to a boil water and sugar, stirring to dissolve sugar. Add cranberries, return to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer for 10 minutes or until cranberries burst.

2 Stir in chopped pecans and nutmeg.

3 Remove from heat. Cool completely at room temperature and then chill in refrigerator. Cranberry sauce will thicken as it cools.

Edited to add: You don't have to throw in the pecans. I do cause i love 'em. :)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

***I am on a diet..No fried shit for me...

BWAAAHAAAA!!!

Take that wig off that turkey and quit calling her sweetheart! :P:S:D

"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

***Ok Wait till Brandy kicks your ass new years

I wasn't referring to Brandy..I was talking about that 12 lb Butterball Turkey that you're "basting" with your pecker! ;);)

BTW,I'd rather fight a pack of rabid pygmies than to face the wrath of Brandy!

RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

Too late my friend i have told her..She's driving to ATC as we speak..Sorry, i can't hook a sooty up.

Then this sooty's gettin out of dodge! :ph34r: