Darius11

Hey Street racers!

It's also ridiculous that ANYONE is allowed to drive a 6,000lb+ vehicle without taking a more in-depth license test than the pathetic one given to 16 year olds to prove that they're actually capable of driving a tank.

Amen. I've seriously thought about carrying weapons with me when I ride for the sole purpose of defending myself when I have a 6000lb SUV riding my ass in the right lane of the highway.

pshyeah right, that is not gonna happen. Out of all the posts on here you turn on a guy that is saying some preppy fuck with a large horsepower sports car needs to get the fuck off the road because he is driving to slow. I never said I wanted to race him. I never said street racing was cool. I never said street racing was safe. Maybe our definitions are not the same, since you immediately went to the "speeding through my neighborhood" example. Crowded areas have no place for street racing, as thanatos said.
I think you are just having fun arguing which I'm not gonna do with you. Your assumptions are in my opinion pretty stupid. Want to get on someone about street racing try the person that started the thread.
p.s.
old enough to understand that speed kills, and kills innocent people every fucking day!!!!
Skymama's #2 stalker -

It's also ridiculous that ANYONE is allowed to drive a 6,000lb+ vehicle without taking a more in-depth license test than the pathetic one given to 16 year olds to prove that they're actually capable of driving a tank.

Amen. I've seriously thought about carrying weapons with me when I ride for the sole purpose of defending myself when I have a 6000lb SUV riding my ass in the right lane of the highway.

Yeah yeah, shoot innocent people that at that moment in time are not killing people. They might have the possibility to, but are not. You should take justice into your own hands, kill away.

But wait, you said something about not killing innocent people. I'm confused?
Skymama's #2 stalker -

I don't even bother with people at stop lights. I've got an 05 R1 and people always want to race. What's the point? I don't mean that in a bad way Darius, but where I live heads up I'll beat anything on 4 wheels off the light and all the way through the gears. There's just no thrill in racing if I know I'm going to win.

I much more prefer shutting down a street and running heads up with a few friends. I'm not a big fan of zipping in and out of traffic, to many hazards.

Yea i know what you mean. There is no contest.
That’s why I didn’t even mention the Maxims, and eclipse etc. ect that have tried. But the M3 that was fun today.

The R1 kicks ass dude. I wouldn’t even try to race I would ask to take it for a spin.;)
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Any tosser can drive fast in a straight line. But keeping it smooth and fast and safe is another matter.

Totally agree that’s why I like racing in the street the 1/4 is no big deal. But going threw traffic at 120mph or taking some country road on that’s the shit

You know I've always respected you, Darius, but I've got some pretty fucking serious issues with "Street Racers.

Give me one good reason to put others at risk for your the sake of "the shit." You know, I really hope you are just kidding here.[:/]

My wife is hotter than your wife.

It is also great to watch the looks of peeps faces when they find out it is an old pushrod V-6.

Several Years ago My Brother was Racing in A Street Legal Foot Brake Class.. The One car that totally amazed us was a Buick Grand National. 6 Cylinder Turbo Regal. The car was completive with all the 8 Cylinder Small Blocks. Truly Amazing Car.

If I ever bought a Non-Mopar Hot Rod.. The Grand National would be it.

Yeah yeah, shoot innocent people that at that moment in time are not killing people. They might have the possibility to, but are not. You should take justice into your own hands, kill away.

Did I say shoot? No.
Did I say kill? No.
Did i mention guns? No.
Did I say that I did or that I would? No.
Do I think that people that tailgate motorcycles are a very serious threat to the lives of riders? Yes.

That's a pretty big stretch.

I'm confused?

I can't say that it suprises me.
:|

I agree with you. It's funny when I'm stopped at a light in a bright yellow evo and the person nexts to you wants to race just to see what you have But when the light turns and you just sit there is funny. I'm not here to prove anything to anyone, I know what I got...lol
Breathe out so I can breathe you in...

i don't know why people with 600-750cc bikes think they're unbeatable. most trap around 125-130mph in the 1/4. big deal, there are plenty of street cars in that range.
my daily driven car trapped 130.
liter bikes are more serious, but not invincible. you may be surprised how many street cars are trapping 140+ mph.
beating bikes is great, because all of the excuses come flying. pretty entertaining.

But when the light turns and you just sit there is funny. I'm not here to prove anything to anyone

I'm a big fan of this technique too. It sometimes happens that some hothead in the other lane at a red light starts making engine noises, little moves ahead before the light turns green, funny looks to me and all. "Yeah, a pissing contest !"

So I feel forced to do the same so the guy thinks he's got someone to race against, and when the light turns green, I just don't start :D

I still can't figure out why anyone would want to try and race against my car. It's a '92 mazda 323 with 70HP. Hot car uh? ;)

The best that happened about two monthes ago, there was some punk trying to pull that stunt on the car right in front on me. Light turns green, punk starts speeding, only to get pulled over by cops about 100 meters later. Mwahaha :ph34r:

(edit: to fix typos)

liter bikes are more serious, but not invincible. you may be surprised how many street cars are trapping 140+ mph.
beating bikes is great, because all of the excuses come flying. pretty entertaining.

Honda RC-51 (liter bike) full racing exhaust & stand alone fuel management system. My bike has more horsepower than my 2002 Honda Civic SI. It runs pretty good in a straight line but I prefer taking the corners with it.

BTW the avtar is a 96 Honda Superhawk (also a liter bike & race modified)
Skymama stalker #69!!!!

i'm sure it's a rocket. i'm not saying bikes are slow, just stating that they're not invincible to cagers.
just about every rider (especially the vunerable mid-size bikes) thinks that their bike can't be beat by a car.
hell, the c6 z06 is running in the mid-size bike territory and it's a production car!

note: i'm talking about straight line acceleration.

i'm sure it's a rocket. i'm not saying bikes are slow, just stating that they're not invincible to cagers.
just about every rider (especially the vunerable mid-size bikes) thinks that their bike can't be beat by a car.
hell, the c6 z06 is running in the mid-size bike territory and it's a production car!

note: i'm talking about straight line acceleration.

Now you are comparing apples to oranges. (cagers vs street bikes) When you compare street bikes to street cars the cars usually loose.
Skymama stalker #69!!!!

I know you have a problem with street racers I read your thread when you posted it. However as much as I respect you I do not live my life by any ones rules and how they think I should live.
There is always a risk I do my best to reduce the risks but it would be a lie for me to say that I could never kill any one or my self. I have never lived my life worrying about the what ifs I don’t plane on starting now.

I would never want to live in a 100% controlled world where I give up my freedom and the things I enjoy for safety.

I know the argument is what if I kill someone. We all do things that could or might effect someone else.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

While I have strong misgivings about your choices, I still respect that you have balls enough to state it.

We all do things that could or might effect someone else.

True. I simply prefer not to add to that list of things unnecessarily.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

You know what real racers do when they see "street racers"? They point and laugh.

Anyone with any real interest in racing would take the time to participate in some high performance driver training events on a closed track and possibly participate in a low level wheel to wheel series... not hang out in a parking lot looking for people to race between stop lights. You'll never learn how to drive if you're "racing" against kids who think that watching the latest fast and furious movie makes them a better driver.

You'll never learn how to drive if you're "racing" against kids who think that watching the latest fast and furious movie makes them a better driver.

ha!

You've never been in the car with him have you? I've never seen someone handle everything from my piece of shit KIA to his current car with such grace and percision - I wish I could drive like Darius.

Jen
Arianna Frances

I know you have a problem with street racers I read your thread when you posted it. However as much as I respect you I do not live my life by any ones rules and how they think I should live.
There is always a risk I do my best to reduce the risks but it would be a lie for me to say that I could never kill any one or my self. I have never lived my life worrying about the what ifs I don’t plane on starting now.

I would never want to live in a 100% controlled world where I give up my freedom and the things I enjoy for safety.

I know the argument is what if I kill someone. We all do things that could or might effect someone else.

This post has got to be the funniest post in the history of dz.com. Ok, mr fast and the furious. What a fucking joke. Did you type that on your wireless laptop while barreling in and out of traffice at 120mph?? Cause that would have been the cool thing to do and a sure fire way of showing the world you cant be controlled. I for one am so impressed. Can I please get lessons on how to be a big bad ass rebel like yourself?

:S:S:S:S:S:S:S

The people that you are referring to are Laughed at by serious Street Racers.

When I was involved in Street Racing it was long before Fast and Furious. The Street Racers were very organized. When a Race was Set up, It was always in a Relatively safe Place and NOT on a open public road. There was an extra element of Excitement because of the Chance of getting caught but the general Public was NOT put in Danger.

The Redlight to Redlight - Rev your engine "Wanna Race" kids are NOT street racers. They are Idiots. When some Kid would pull beside me and start that shit, I would try to get thier attention and tell them were we would be that weekend. IF they had CASH and wanted to run... Bring it. Otherwise.. Forget it.

Once I did finally get Caught (Just a Matter of Time) and Finally got my License back, I gave it up.

Why did we do it??
IN Atlanta there were Two Dragstrips. One was in Commerse GA and was a two Hour Drive from the City and generally focused on NHRA Events. The other in Dallas GA was a Small and VERY overcrowded Track. At least 150 cars showed up every weekend and You would wait Hours in between Runs. Also Sportsman Class Racers (Street Legal) were the Lowest priority and treated like shit by Track Officials.

the Alternative was to go down to Moreland Ave in downtown Atlanta and Find out where the Street Racers were Running. All you had to do was cruise around and they would find you if you didn’t know where to go.

From what I understand... This is still the way it is Done. Once you find out where the races are going on.. Put up the cash and take your shot.

Again.. This was always either a Closed Industrial Park, Abandoned Shopping Center or other suitable Place.

Like I said before.. Street Racing is the BASE of the Auto Racing world. More Dangerous, Illegal and a Huge Rush. But if done properly is only a danger to the Participants themselves.

Two Guys racing off a Random Traffic Light are NOT Street Racers. They are Idiots.

I'm fully aware of what you're talking about (many of my friends were participants in a similar scene in Chicago a long time ago)... and while I would say that it is the lesser evil of the "street racing" scene, I still have no respect for it at all due to the lack of driver skill involved.

I would definitely not compare it to BASE.