AlexCrowley

Monopoly board game strategy question..

So, to my shock and horror I learned that me, a UKian, plays Monopoly differently than your average USian.

Rules are the same but my stragies are atypical.

Share your monopoly strategy.

Realize how little your life means.

Dont make crap jokes about Bill Gates. Let me do the crap jokes.

So...

Monopoly. Board game. Strategy. Any questions?

Yes, mine's BatMan.

TV's got them images, TV's got them all, nothing's shocking.

I haven't played Monopoly in a long long time...

I think the object was to bankrupt everybody else... What's changed?

I thought the object was to play until your sister started losing so bad that she freaks out and flips the board over.

Anyone here ever 'finish' a game of monopoly?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

And I discovered that in the US version you can't burn down houses on properties for insurance money if you run out of funds.

They do that in the UK??? :S :D

I rarely have finished a game... They usually take too long. I think I remember taking a whole week to finish one game, but the average is probably 2 to 3 hours...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Ah but its how you go about it.

And I discovered that in the US version you can't burn down houses on properties for insurance money if you run out of funds.

Which really sucks.

You can also do that with your pick-up. If, you get behind on your pick-up payment, get in a wreck. take the insurance check and make your payment!:D:D

Chuck

I always sat on my $500 bills. I think I figured I'd treat them like free money later.

I much preferred it when I could also sit on my brother's bills. Because that meant they were mine, all mine. I was the oldest, so I didn't usually need good strategy to win; I could just trust to their not remembering the rules most of the time.

(edit to say: actually, I'm afraid I'm the kind of dork who will actually point out a better strategy to someone else if I think they're not playing on a level field. Like a more creative word in Scrabble :P)

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

My strategy has always been and will always be, buy everything I land on. It is cheaper in the long run to buy it at all costs than to pay the price of landing on it later when there is a hotel on it. I never had the problem with the board getting knocked over in monopoly, only risk. We had a friend that would play on occasion we called "the nuclear bomb" because without fail he would smash the board when he realized he was fucked.

Greenie in training.

I haven't played Monopoly in a long long time...

I think the object was to bankrupt everybody else... What's changed?

I thought the object was to play until your sister started losing so bad that she freaks out and flips the board over.

Anyone here ever 'finish' a game of monopoly?

I didn't know my brother posted on here. :|
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Wow, thats happened to other people? My sister HATES to lose and always gets grumpy, accuses people of cheating etc. :D

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!