leroydb

Ten Ugliest Character Flaws

A bad temper is probably my ugliest character flaw...
However, I'm not all that confrontational or argumentative, at least in person...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Argumentative - I counter-examine everything people say -even when I think they're right.. I just like to see people validate their beliefs.. besides, I think arguments are fun.

Perfectionist - but only in relation to myself, never overtly to others. Never rely on anyone, I automatically assume everyone is going to fuck up so I make sure I have them covered (without them knowing).. It's such a shit trait though.. so many times at school or at uni, I have faked sick to get out of tests because I would rather not take them than take them and do badly..

Narrow-minded. Nothing makes me appear more narrow-minded than having my own opinion and refusing to agree with a self-proclaimed omniscient.

Selfish. I view this as a virtue. By having my own way, I prevent the other person from getting their way. :) Wouldn't that make them selfish? :ph34r:

Stubborn. I always prefer to do things in the correct manner.

Rigid. :)

:D

The way this should have been done is like one of the "caption" threads. You know: assess the character of the person above you.

It would be interesting, at the very least.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

I would fall under Perfectionist/Nit-Picking absolutely.

A jazz drummer I know would call it "self-loathing" cause nothing he ever does (musically) is ever good enough for him, and he's one of the best (if not THE best) in Colorado.

It can be a good thing because it pushes him even harder to learn and explore because he's never pleased with his playing. It can also keep a growing ego in check.

If you let perfectionism get the best of you however, it can discourage you pretty bad.

Ten Ugliest Character Flaws

which are you/close to? you must pick one... be honest

Honestly ? Not a one, and I'm usually as brutally honest with myself as I am with others who fail to meet my personal standards. (90% of the rest of humanity, the moron majority).

My biggest fault is probably that I forget that not everyone appreciates good sarcasm. Therefore, if there was a category that said "total git" I would have chosen that one.

You know: assess the character of the person above you.

nice assidental mispelling from an excellent writer

what misspelling?

He thought I intentionally misspelled the word "assess" to make a subtle PA.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

I counter-examine everything people say -even when I think they're right.. I just like to see people validate their beliefs

I'm with you. I try to do so conversationally, without coming off crass. But, admitedly, it annoys me when people cite beliefs simply b/c that's what they were taught by their parents or someone told them and they agreed.

I just don't see how I can have an intelligent conversation with someone who has not done their own investigating and formed their own opinion on a subject. Like you said, I might even agree with their statement/opinion, but it doesn't matter to me if the only reason they have that belief is b/c they were told to.>:(
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

You should relly add Jealousy to your list, i hate when people are jealous although I know I am jealous at times

There's one thing I can say I'm definitely not. Maybe it's b/c I'm "vain, prideful":D But, I just don't see the point in being jealous of others, or worrying about a spouse/SO. It's a waste of time.

True story: My roomate freshman year of college--beautiful, smart, double-major in chemistry & biology--had everything going for her. I was going through a tough time, without details, my life was screwed up in comparison--but she didn't know that. The point is she blew up at me one day, literally, b/c my "hair was always perfect without effort" and things "came so easily" for me. This girl was so genuinely upset and distraught and JEALOUS when in reality, given the situation, was a royal waste of her energy. She had far more going for her at the time and should have focused that energy on herself and her wonderful accomplishments.

Jealousy = waste of time.:P
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

The way this should have been done is like one of the "caption" threads. You know: assess the character of the person above you.

It would be interesting, at the very least.

rl

if you start it, they will answer...

Too much potential for trouble.

But I got this in my email this morning. It reminded me of this thread.

I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times.
Everett Dirksen, American senator, 1896-1969