narcimund

Apostrophe's

I'n hono'r o'f th'e ne'w yea'r, I hav'e decide'd t'o joi'n th'e nationwid'e (worldwid'e?) movemen't t'o spontaneou's'ly spe'l'l ever'y wor'd wi'th a'n apostro'ph'e.

Ca'n some'one w'ith mo're experien'ce he'lp m'e under'stand th'e rule's? I thin'k its eithe'r:

1) Any word that end's in an "s" get's apostrophe's.
2) Any word tha't end's in an "s" or a "t" ge't's apostrophe's.
3) O'r its complete'ly rando'm a'n'd were bein'g judge'd o'n ou'r creativit'y

First Class Citizen Twice Over

I have never even heard of such a thing. It kind of gives you a headache to read that!

I think narcimund's tongue is firmly planted in his cheek. Although, some days it is a valid complaint here on the forums. For me, I'd be happy if people could just use "your" and "you're" correctly. :P
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

The primary focu's of the movemen't ha's just been using apostrophe's to pluralize word's. But i'ts becoming common to see an apostrophe in any word that end's in "s".

Lately Ive been seeing some really creative new use's. Since some word's legitimately end in apostrophe-t (i.e., didn't, couldn't), some people are now using an apostrophe in any word tha't end's in "t". My favori'te new example is differen't.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

That's pretty funny. I was actually an English major in undergrad - I'm horrible at it though. (terrible speller and horrible grammer)

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..."

For me, I'd be happy if people could just use "your" and "you're" correctly.

Do we give JT a pass on this?

et luks lyke ure gust gonna hav ta deel wit me spelin.

c, eye donnt giv a damm abowt ure openyun, az longh az ewe gett tha poynt!

meye tieping scills suk end eye em knot inn ah profesional fourum hear, so i kood kare les abowt tha numbre ov xtra kee's eye hitt bi misteak!

DEEL WIT ET!:P
My photos

My Videos

My favorite are the signs that I drive past when I'm driving home from southern Idaho. There are a series...

The first, "Cherrie's."

The second, "Apple's."

The third, "Blackberrie's."

And the BEST one: "Asparagu's." :D

What is wrong with these people?! :S

-Miranda
you shall above all things be glad and young / For if you're young,whatever life you wear
it will become you;and if you are glad / whatever's living will yourself become.

I have never even heard of such a thing. It kind of gives you a headache to read that!

I think narcimund's tongue is firmly planted in his cheek. Although, some days it is a valid complaint here on the forums. For me, I'd be happy if people could just use "your" and "you're" correctly. :P

Me too, me too! How about "their" and "there"? What about "It's" that is a conjuction of it is not the posseive form of it, that is "its";)

I'm not afriad of dying, I'm afraid of never really living- Erin Engle

AVAST! Belay the offending squiggle!

It amazes me how many people don't know how to use the damned thing (Jawohl, 'tis a pet peeve of mine)...>:(

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."