vt1977

BPA AGM - the list

not having been there before, is there a bar open somewhere while you guys are all eating? are there usually many people that go that don't do the proper meal thing. also what time does the official meal start/end roughly?

apologies for directing all these questions directly at you, but you do seem to be able to provide all the answers!

~~~ London Skydivers ~~~

I have a nice strapless black dress, one of those ones that goes to below the knee and kinda sticks out (with the net under it!!) Sounds funny, you'll know what I mean if uve seen one...it is pretty dressy tho...Im thinking nice jeans and a nice top for later maybe...not wearing a skirt if the chance of being unable to walk is a big one!! Dont wanna go flashing now do I!? :$;):P
------------------------------------------------------------

"This isn't flying...it's falling with style!" Buzz Lightyear - Toystory 1

Yep – the bar will be open whilst people are eating and will probably be just as full as the dinner! ;)

As for timings, I don’t have my ticket to hand so I’m not quite sure I’m afraid but as with any big group dinner it’s bound to take ages… plenty of time to go and get a curry if you’re not doing the main dinner! ;)

Vicki

I have a nice strapless black dress, one of those ones that goes to below the knee and kinda sticks out (with the net under it!!) Sounds funny, you'll know what I mean if uve seen one...it is pretty dressy tho...

It sounds perfect! :)

Im thinking nice jeans and a nice top for later maybe...

I haven't really decided about later on yet - one thing's for sure, I'm not trashing the smart dress! I suspect black trousers and a nice top. And shoes I can walk in! ;)

not wearing a skirt if the chance of being unable to walk is a big one!! Dont wanna go flashing now do I!? :$;):P

You'll be making far too many men far too excited and it's a couple of weeks away! What are you like?! :P

Vicki

The bar opens when the AGM finishes in the morning and stays open till the last person leaves(resident).

As has been said its a good idea to take your own booze if you can get away with it as the Snooty Fox prices are painfull.

Last year we (the RAPA staf) came opver in a minibus so we managed to bring a shed load of beer with us. As could be seen by the number of Warsteiner and Becks bottles lying around the next day.

Unfortunatly we wont be attending the AGM this year as we have to go on Exercise from 14 - 28 Jan. However the exercise is in Perris (5 hours tunnel, canopy school, 30 jumps) so its not all that bad.

The only question is, who will fill my shoes dancing naked on the tables this year??

Have a good one guys, I look forward to reading about it on here.

Buzz
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Think reference to curry was just a reference to other meal options other than the dinner...dont think she was trying to take your KFC from you sweetie...down boy!;):)
------------------------------------------------------------

"This isn't flying...it's falling with style!" Buzz Lightyear - Toystory 1

well i already have a crate of stella in the boot of my car so i shall have to remember to smuggle that in with me plus some of the masses of spirits I have left over from christmas.

only a couple of weeks away now, it will be nice going out with a group of like-minded people again after having been grounded the last few months due to a dodgy shoulder!

thanks for the advice!

~~~ London Skydivers ~~~

I'll second that!
Have only been to the dinner a couple of times and the food was abit questionable:$ But hopefully it will be lovely for all you dinner goers:S

Theres usually lots of people heading out for food - not sure if KFC is what I had in mind tho' there are lots of curry houses near by;)

Dress code is trousers and smart top if you are not doing dinner - but I seem to remember lots of ball gowns and formal atire for the do.

Looking forward to it!
Vikki - i remember you from brit chicks - not sure if you know me? - I was in the base eight .......