BillyVance

Dumbest thing you ever did as a kid

Well? Did you buy the weed?

If not, how did you get out??

We agreed to everything they said, paid the ridiculous amount they asked + cab fare for the 3 hours we were in the taxi (they dropped us to my house).

We got the weed. Bar the one joint we smoked, we ended up 'depositing' it all into the swimming pool the next day - but that's another story :S

mmmm..dumbest was sticking my finger in the water of an electric kettle (with a broken lid) to see how fast the water heats up after you turn it on. Makes a nice circuit to earth when you touch the nearby sink...240V in my country....ouch!!!
regards, Steve
the older I get...the better I was

1.) Always knocked down a HUGE beehive and got stung, a lot, EVERY year.

Hahaha, same here! it took me a good few years to realise that if I fired stones with my catapult through a wasps nest that they were gonna fuck me over real good! :D

------------------------------------------------------
May Contain Nut traces......

Pushed my younger sister into a bunch of nettles. My mother taught me how it felt, by making me jump into the same bunch after said sister complained. Both of us spent a few days itching like hell.

Ran after my sister, armed with a hammer, around the house for about ten minutes to freak out the babysitter (my sister was aware that this was the goal and I wasn't going to wound her). The babysitter told my parents she didn't want to see us ever again.

Tried to fire a very old and unmaintained 22LR handgun into the basement's wall, and realized later it really could have misfired (the barrel was badly aligned) and I could have blown my hand away.

Climbed up on an abandoned warehouse's roof with friends. While crossing the roof without staying near the ridge,I put my feet on a piece of plexiglas used to get light in the warehouse but wasn't visible from outside with the sunset. Fell 10 meters straight into concrete, feet forward (which is the only reason I didn't die, in fact) ; that crushed my two ankles and L2 vertebra, and I spent 1 month in hospital then 3 monthes in a wheelchair with a corset.
This one was approximetely the last stupid stunt I pulled...

Wasn't me, but one of the best I ever heard of was a co-worker who used to shoot arrows straight up in the air, and then try to catch them with a 1X10 board held over his head.:D

Uh, I used to do arrow stuff too. Shot one straight up in the air one time and lost sight of it. Made myself really really small standing straight up. Arrow landed about six inches out. :S Used to put my bother at one end of a football field and shoot at him. He had a 4' x 4' piece of plywood to hide behind. We survived all that chit.
Russell M. Webb D 7014
Attorney at Law
713 385 5676
https://www.tdcparole.com

Designing, building, test flying, and soaring my own hang gliders. i built 2, one i crashed horribly, the other i still fly.

im only 21 years old now, that was only 6 years ago when i built the first... the second was finished when i was 17. it flies great! not a competition glider by any means... but it goes.

and i did a ton of rope jumping back then... still do but our old systems were sketch

This explains why my parents set the pool back from the house 8 feet when they put it in. The actual reason was they didn't want me jumping off of the house into the pool.

And a mere 8' stopped you?
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Wasn't me, but one of the best I ever heard of was a co-worker who used to shoot arrows straight up in the air, and then try to catch them with a 1X10 board held over his head.:D

I think my personal best was doing a science project on whether or not life would start spontaneously. I put rotting meat into about 6 jars in various stages of uncovered-ness to see if they'd grow maggots. Yes, they smelled bad, even outdoors. My mother made me keep them on the windowsill outside my window, since it was my bright idea in the first place.

Wendy W.

Hey, we did that too - with a slight variation. We'd stand around the bonfire at night and shoot them straight up in the air. The wait was eerie. The closest they ever came was about 30 to 40 feet.

Then we graduated to shooting them at each other from about 50 yards away (during the day). Witht the cheap euipment we had and our young reflexes, there was always just enough time to sidestep the arrows.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

I'm surprised there aren't more about playing with fire so I'll add mine.

I think I can still get in trouble for mine.

Once I tried to hop onto a moving train with a friend. He made it on. I didn't because I didn't want to drop my can of rootbeer. I slipped, got dragged about 50 yards by the train, fell to my face, looked up to a train whell spinning right by my face. Pants were shredded. And it is 20 years later and I still have the scar. I'm so stupid. :S

*** Once I tried to hop onto a moving train

Waltappel did this as an adult! A thread titled "dumbest thing you ever did as an adult" would be a lot of fun, and I think Walt should start it:)
If you see this Walt, you know I love you:D
Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28

At about age 10, I was driving in the passenger seat with my mother in her 1968 Mercury Comet. As we were turning left off of our street, I reached over with my leg and stomped on the gas pedal. Well, the car took off and my mother jumped the curb and side swiped the schoolyard fence. Before she could stop the car, she was already beating me silly.

Also, at about age 10 or 12 (late seventies), I was a pretty good skateboarder but was only use to flat roads and a small skate park. Well, my grandmother had just moved to a very hilly seniors complex. I figured I would ride the long curved road, which was also a large hill, from top to bottom. I got about 1/4 of the way down and was going so fast that the skateboard started to shake and was uncontrollable. So, I bailed but was going to fast for my feet to catch up. I tumbled for what seemed like 50 yards with no protective gear. I had road rash all over my body.

Designing, building, test flying, and soaring my own hang gliders.

dude, this is the dumbest thing you ever did as a kid thread- that sounds like the coolest!

of course... you didnt see the crash... the wings were pretty cool, but im lucky as hell to be here. someday i will put the crash footy in a BASE film of mine and post it here...;):D:ph34r:

-SPACE-

Ok so one time my brother and I saw this piece on sky surfing on one of those news shows, so we decided hey we have a boogie board. We went up to the roof jumped and threw the boogie board under our feet. Too bad we didn't live in a house that has a 3rd floor.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

Allow myself to grow up! (well to some extent any way) Out side of that my brother and I use to watch military jumpers from the roof of our garage. So one day we decided to get an old bed sheet and tie some rope on the four corners. We held on to the ends of the rope and jumped off the garage (one at a time). Needless to say it didn't work and was a hard landing. So in a way it wasn't all that dumb. I have enjoyed the greatest sport there is all because of those child days. :)