MagicGuy

How long does Neptune save info after battery dies?

Subject pretty much says it all. My Neptune has been in my car for months. Last night, after I had been thinking "I should probably write these jumps down".. I went outside to check and alas, my Neptune had a dead battery.

230 jumps, not a single one logged, and now my battery is dead. Will it be gone (please say no!!) after I install a new battery?

MY stupid mistake. I'm so lazy about logging.. shame on me.

I dont know if data will be lost but i had the screen on my neptune black out after staying in my truck for a couple days from the heat. Hope you dont loose your data. If so sound like a good time to get a manifest printout;)

Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

I let my battery go flat a few weeks ago, so flat that initially my neptune was just showing an Alti-2 sign and then nothing, and my info was still there when i put a new battery in.

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

Subject pretty much says it all. My Neptune has been in my car for months. Last night, after I had been thinking "I should probably write these jumps down".. I went outside to check and alas, my Neptune had a dead battery.

230 jumps, not a single one logged, and now my battery is dead. Will it be gone (please say no!!) after I install a new battery?

MY stupid mistake. I'm so lazy about logging.. shame on me.

I got this from an Alti-2 source after forwarding your question to them:

"The memory Neptune uses to store jump data doesn't require power to retain information"

Their forum is http://forum.altimaster.com
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

Awesome. Thanks for the information! So glad I didn't lose all of my data.

I recommend getting Paralog. You can download your data from a Neptune, or any other logger, and its quick and easy. www.paralog.net

The newest version that is about to release lets you do some cool things, even post your logbook to the internet if you choose to http://iharrop.jumplog.net
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

MagicGuy is a Mac person (I fixed his MacBook once.)
His Neptune (and mine) can connect to Paralog only through an infrared connection, which modern Macs don't support.
So both of us are sort of SOL until the N-3, with a USB connection, comes out.
Of course one could download the data to a PC and then move it to Paralog on a Mac, I suppose.

HW