SkydiveStMarys

What book is............................

I'm about to finish 'The Algebraist' by Iain M Banks.
Its not bad, but not as good as some of his 'Culture' based Sci-fi.
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

yeah, yeah yuck it up. We have a 12 week old puppy and my mother-in-law(to be) gave the book to us, might as well read it. Its good too. Although the cover [read Author] is scary looking.

--"Someday you will die and somehow somethings going to steal your carbon" -MM

"I wasnt ready to say goodbye"

"When there are no words"

"death, the high cost of living"

Gotta love self help

Recently finished

Freuds "Dora" and "totem and taboo" Dora was great, I was disappointed with totem though
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

The Mermaid Chair by Sue Monk Kidd.

Now ask me how long it's been on the night stand?:D

I'm finally reading The Secret Life of Bees - I bought it after my mom recommended it, and it sat on the shelf for months. I'm so glad I'm reading it though - it's quite good. Plus, you should never rush a good book - I'm glad I waited until I was in the mood for this type of novel...

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

OOOOooooh do tell about the book Secret Life of Bees! I joined a book dicussion group and that is the book we will be reading.....When I was told this, I just rolled me eyes (this is the first book group that I am joining, I give myself about two weeks, then I maybe outta there.:D). I had to order the book so I don't have a copy yet, do tell, what is it about?

B
A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

Callahan’s Con - Spider Robinson
Expanded Universe - Robert Heinlein

I have recently discovered that there are still a few people that have not discovered Heinlein and that makes me sad.

IF you have never read Heinlein.. Go pick up
The Moon is a Harsh Mistress, Time enough for Love, To Sail beyond the sunset, The cat who walks through walls, The number of the Beast or any other of Heinlein’s Novels. You will not regret it.

If you are already a Heinlein fan.. Go pick up any of Spider Robinsons books.

"The Last Shot"

The story of the Confederate raiding ship Shenandoah, which fought on months after Lee surrendered, unaware that the war was over. What an ironic tragedy, heaped upon the disaster of the Civil War. Amazing, too, the hardships endured in those days of wooden ships and iron men.