peacefuljeffrey

Did you watch Firefly? Did you see Serenity?

I loved the show, and I loved the movie.

Of course, I was quite disappointed that the movie did not feature the theme song of the t.v. series -- or even really feature any of the twangy guitar licks of the series. :(

What about you?

-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

Check my sig line.

Tom, my sig is also from that theme song. I even painted it on my first helmet! :)

I'm a little upset that they didn't work it into the movie. It seemed like they just abandoned it for some reason. It's a GREAT SONG! I'd love to have it on a CD I could play at work or in the car or something...

-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey

I hated the movie so bad, had to leave the cinema after 2/3..

Never watched the series, probably never will..

It's just not my taste of humour/style.

Max

Ah. Alliance sympathizer. I see how it is... :D

-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey

Hey Jeff,

Don't get me wrong... Nothing about you or anyone, but you asked for an honest opinion and that is mine.
For me, firefly layman, this goes into the same trashcan as "Buffy" and "Charmed"..
I'm sorry to say that, don't want to bash anyone here.. But now that I know my Base-Icon TomA is also watching this, I might take a look at the firefly series to build me a profound opinion about it.. ;)

Max

...this goes into the same trashcan as "Buffy" and "Charmed"..
I'm sorry to say that, don't want to bash anyone here.. But now that I know my Base-Icon TomA is also watching this...

In addition to Firefly, I own the entire Buffy and Angel series on DVD.

I also listen to country music.

:P
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I really found the series compelling and easy to follow. Never saw it on TV (probably why it was canceled) but I was able to catch it non-stop on DVD. The movie was able to tie up a lot of lose ends. I throughly enjoyed it all and will probably dust it off and watch it again some day soon.

Kaylee > Inara

:ph34r:

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

For me, firefly layman, this goes into the same trashcan as "Buffy" and "Charmed"..

Give Firefly another chance. Buffy and Charmed are shit, I agree. The whole witches and vampires thing is so lame. I used to hear "Joss Wheadon" and think, "What a hack". Firefly kicks ass though -- I was pleasantly surprised when my friend made me sit down and watch it with an open mind.
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams

I loved the show, and I loved the movie.

Of course, I was quite disappointed that the movie did not feature the theme song of the t.v. series -- or even really feature any of the twangy guitar licks of the series. :(

What about you?

Watch the entire movie up to the end of the credits - the song was placed there without singing. Did you watch the extra footage on the series dvd? Joss created the song and orignally played/sang it so the professionals could see what he wanted.

I caught 10 min of the show when it was on TV and hated it. Caught it one night on SciFi and gave it a second chance - loved it.

Joss has a way with words - I liked what he did with the first few seasons of Buffy and Angel. I find it interesting that he took a failed movie and made it into a successful TV show, then took a failed TV show and made it into a somewhat successful movie.