sid

my new tandem rig ;)

Got to jump my new tandem rig yesterday for the first time (I bought beer - the manifestress' favorite brand) and it was sweeeeeeeeeeet. Unfortunately none of my people wanted video so no "in flight" pics, but here's one of the rig sitting next to one of Art's new Sigmas (for size comparison)..........:P
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

That's a good lookin' rig! Racers are good rigs. Whoever packed it, did a nice job.
Chuck

Why thank you! That would have been me...........:$
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

That's a good lookin' rig! Racers are good rigs. Whoever packed it, did a nice job.
Chuck

Why thank you! That would have been me...........:$

You're more than welcome!
(Shoot, I knew that!:D) Just wanted to mention, I thought you do good work. I'll bet, that Racer, is comfy!?

Chuck

I have never jumped, a racer how does it compare to the Vector 2 Tandem?

I trained on the Vector 2.... my comparison is here http://sidsrigging.com/skydivers/tandemreview.htm
caveat! I consult for JumpShack, but I bought this rig!
Pete Draper,

Sweet looking rig bro. Almost as good looking as THIS one :P:D

Scott. I couldn't look as cool as you if they painted me with Brad Pitt - but I'll take being a close second!:P
Pete Draper,

nice rig sid, but dont ask the monkey how to close it!:D

That's why it's either Tim Eason or me closing it!:S
Pete Draper,

Hehe....

BTW

Some other noticeable differences are the third drogue release which is also the cutaway handle, and a two riser RSL. This is the only system I know of that has a means of cutting away the entire main assembly, and ensures (by design) the proper sequence of emergency procedures with a one handle pull

The Eclipse Tandem System has that feature.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

The Eclipse Tandem System has that feature.

seriously (in other words, not trying to be a smart ass for once) - is the Eclipse Tandem still in production?
Pete Draper,

I've got a question, I've packed an older racer tandem rig in the past and it was FUGLY!!

However, your rig appears to look pretty nice. I'm wondering what racer has changed. Does the three ring system still have 3 cables? Would you mind taking a close up picture with the flap open so I can see how things are routed?

-Karen

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

I've got a question, I've packed an older racer tandem rig in the past and it was FUGLY!!

However, your rig appears to look pretty nice. I'm wondering what racer has changed. Does the three ring system still have 3 cables? Would you mind taking a close up picture with the flap open so I can see how things are routed?

-Karen

The newer tandem is based on the 2K3 design and has a different mid-flap and epaulettes (riser covers). This gives it a more streamlined profile.

It still has the drogue riser with the three ring drogue hook up, and yes three cables. One for each drogue release handle and one which is part of the cutaway system, so that if you cut away you release the drogue as well. When I get home I'll be glad to take some close ups of the drogue riser for you and I'll post them then. It ain't fugly now is it? ;)
Pete Draper,

-Karen

Here ya go........
Pete Draper,

Didn't Strong do some kind of upgrade to do the same thing?

not sure, I'm not "Strong" enough to pick one up and examine it :P Oh God, I can't believe I went there.............
Pete Draper,