AllisonH

Full Face Helmet with Different Shell Sizes?

I'm pretty sure factory divers have different shell sizes. I could be wrong. Those little Z1's dont work for those of us with an XXL sized cranium. You gotta put all that knowledge somewhere;)
Anyway, even the biggest Z1 would not fit me and my XXL (not XL.5) factory diver fits nicely. Well, it is snug around the jaw but slightly loose up top but every head is different. I could notice a big difference when I crammed a XL factory diver over my head.

Edit: Ya, I can't spell

The old Bone Head Boomerang used different shells for different sizes. I figured this out when the visor I bought at a DZ didn't fit.

I bought the last large visors that bone head had left, so I need to figure out how to make them or I will be SOL. :P

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

I know sizes on Z1s and Oxygns are determined by the liner - are they all like that?

Actually, I think the Oxygn may come in more than one shell size... I forgot my helmet last weekend and had to borrow. The first guy lent me a gigantic oxygn. It was so huge that the air screamed right through it, blew open the face shield,and ripped it right off; it also made my head look enormous. A 2nd guy then lent me another oxygn that fit very well. The padding was a bit thicker, but it didn't seem to be enough to make THAT much difference, and it didn't look like I was wearing a football helmet either.

I could be wrong, or it could be a new thing. The Z1 fits my tiny head very well, though, even though it only comes in one shell size.
"Some people follow their dreams, others hunt them down and beat them mercilessly into submission."

All I know for sure about Oxygns is that the manufacturer told me that if I bought a used one they could change the liner and make it any size (which I ended up not doing).

Attached is a photo of my head looking gi-normous. I'm very happy with the way the inside of it fits, so I probably won't be replacing it soon, I just think it makes me look ridiculous.

I bought one of the new FreeZrs last summer and it comes with three different shell sizes. Mine was a small and it looks great; its light, and doesn't feel huge on my head. After receiving it I had quite a few people on my DZ ask to jump it.

I highly recommend it.

PS. Pictures attached...not so great. But the get my point across.

PSS. The writing on the face says: do me fast.
I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.