leapdog

Office pranks

I'm looking for ideas to prank co-workers that won't get phone support or IT dept. involved.

Examples of stuff I have done:

Remove the mouse ball from the mouse. Easily noticed but easily fixed so IT isn't involved.

Stole the chair and put it in the warehouse. This guy looked just about all day for another chair. he eventually found one that looked like his and thought he found it. It's been three days and the chair I took still sits in the warehouse.

Switched the M and N key (the co-worker is a hunt and peck typer) This one was good but almost got IT heavily involved. It took this guy and the boss two hours to get his password reset because his password just happen to have an N or an M in it. later he found the keys were switched when he went to type an email and the M produced an N.

I'm going to zip tie his phone cord together to when he answers the phone he will jerk it off the desk.

Any more ideas?

Gunnery Sergeant of Marines
"I would like it if I were challenged mentally at my job and not feel like I'm mentally challenged." - Co-worker

gift wrap everying thing in their office/cubicle, you have to do everything and while it might take a while to do it it will take a long time to undo it nad then they avhe to find something to do with all the left overs,

If they have an office you get all the newspaper you can find, and ball up each page individually then when you have enough to fill the office to about knee height then put all the paper in the office and close the door. Its really funny.

hope this helps.
Yeah...You need to grow up. -Skymama

excellent. the one he replaced his old chair with looks just like it. I can take the castors off and put his original chair back.

good one.

Anymore?

"I would like it if I were challenged mentally at my job and not feel like I'm mentally challenged." - Co-worker

no access to the pC plus IT could get involved, don't need that. If I loosed the wall someoone could get hurt and yes it would bother someone else.

the prank needs to be free or I would pull spyco bobs trick and order a subscription to play girl mag to be sent to him at work

Chrome his desk (cover everything in aluminum foil). I've got a 1-ft diameter ball of foil because of that one.

Shrink wrap everything.

Cover everything in Post it notes.

With nothing open on their PC, hit the print screen key, paste it into paint, save it as the background, then remove some of the links on the desktop. They'll spend all day trying to find out why nothing happens when they click the icons. (this one is cruel)

Unplug the mouse just enough to where it looks plugged in, but it still doesn't work.

Pull out the plug to a desk lamp, then cover one of the prongs on the power cord in clear tape. Plug it back in. Most people will go through a few lightbulbs with this one.

stick tape over the mouth piece or ear piece of the phone
Or glue the handset to the phone base, with rubber cement so it can be easily lifted
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Very similar to this.

Each day, move everything on the desk one inch or so. The key is to keep everything in its exact place, only an inch from where it was originally. Imagine where everything will be by the end of the week (or two).

It works really, really well. Or so I've heard.

Chrome his desk (cover everything in aluminum foil). I've got a 1-ft diameter ball of foil because of that one.

Shrink wrap everything.

Cover everything in Post it notes.

With nothing open on their PC, hit the print screen key, paste it into paint, save it as the background, then remove some of the links on the desktop. They'll spend all day trying to find out why nothing happens when they click the icons. (this one is cruel)

Unplug the mouse just enough to where it looks plugged in, but it still doesn't work.

Pull out the plug to a desk lamp, then cover one of the prongs on the power cord in clear tape. Plug it back in. Most people will go through a few lightbulbs with this one.

Needs to be quick so as not to get caught setting it up. Can't cause anything that will get IT invloved, I could have gotten in real trouble today- read my original post.

If I had access to the PC I could copy the desk top and then save it as a JPG, hide the task bar and open the JPG. most people will click the icons for a while. but again can't get IT involved.