Kid_Icarus

How do you wash your shoes..../

You must never wash them. The dirt and smell make them go faster :)

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Yeah, I'd say depends on how much leather they have on them. If mostly fabric, washing machine, then air dry.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

What kind of shoes?

Picture attached. They've got what I believe is waste grease from the kitchen at a bar I was at all over them. Black, oily, and just flat out disgusting.

I'd like to wear these tomorrow. Please advise. :D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Please advise. :D

Go shopping. Replace. :P

There are no Nordstroms within a hundred miles. :P

OK, the stuff ain't ALL over them, just on the bottoms, with a few spots on the uppers. I can think of plenty of things that would break down the grease, but I imagine they'd also damage the leather. :|

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

There are no Nordstroms within a hundred miles.

Is it my fault you live in East Bumfuck?

OK, the stuff ain't ALL over them, just on the bottoms, with a few spots on the uppers. I can think of plenty of things that would break down the grease, but I imagine they'd also damage the leather. :|

Maybe start with something mild like a solution of warm water and dish detergent... and elbow grease, of course.

You should be able to wash regular ol' running shoes in the washer. Then, stick something in them to hold their shape (like paper towels) and put them in front of the vent of the refrigerator overnight. That will help them dry quicker and you won't have to listen to them clunking around in your dryer.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

My Tevas stink so bad at times, bleach is all that can help. otherwise, throw them away and buy a new pair.:ph34r:
PIP has a story about his Tevas stinking so bad that he went to Sports Authority, put his old stinky pair in the box of the new pair and left them on the shelf to surprise another shopper. :P:D

My Tevas stink so bad at times, bleach is all that can help. otherwise, throw them away and buy a new pair.:ph34r:
PIP has a story about his Tevas stinking so bad that he went to Sports Authority, put his old stinky pair in the box of the new pair and left them on the shelf to surprise another shopper. :P:D

There is a simple fix for that that Kallend and I employ, but if you care more for what the fashion nazis think than consideration for your own and other's olfactory senses, you won't be interested. ;)

Blues,
Dave
TWS#2
(drink Mountain Dew)

Sneakers??

hehehe... we call em tennis shoes here...... even if you don't use them for tennis... ironicly i used to wear my vans when i played tennis in high school....