skydiver88

NEW HELMET???

I love my mamba. Solid design, well worth paying more than for other full face helmets to get the flip up visor.
Why don't you just play 'chicken' on the railroad tracks? It would be a cheaper way to toy with death, I'm sure.

CWR #2 - "You SAID collision!"

Only thing I've seen about Mambas that I don't like is that the visor seems very easy to scratch. Saw a couple that were basically cloudy from being so scratched up, and over a short time too. But of course it can be replaced.

I've had my Z1 for about 6 or 7 years and 1000 jumps and haven't had any problems with it. I'm on about my 3rd or 4th visor... although one was only replaced because it cracked in airline luggage. I personally find it a little better looking than the mamba too, but I don't really care about that. They all look like crap after 1000 jumps. :)
Dave

Based on the dialog above, I see the signs of skydiving greatness in moto89 and skydiver88.

I second the second!
Now, to get back to the original question, you can't go wrong with a Mamba. They are very light weight for their size and strength and I really like the positive lock visor. As PilotDave says, you will get the visor scratched up unless you are super careful. I have worn motorcycle helmets for 30 years, and if I could find one (although scooter helmets to skydiving helmets is kind of apples and oranges) as comfortable and quiet as my Mamba I would buy it. They are well worth the money. B|

Just burning a hole in the sky.....

Based on the dialog above, I see the signs of skydiving greatness in moto89 and skydiver88.

I second the second!
Now, to get back to the original question, you can't go wrong with a Mamba. They are very light weight for their size and strength and I really like the positive lock visor. As PilotDave says, you will get the visor scratched up unless you are super careful. I have worn motorcycle helmets for 30 years, and if I could find one (although scooter helmets to skydiving helmets is kind of apples and oranges) as comfortable and quiet as my Mamba I would buy it. They are well worth the money. B|

Now the question is...

SHOULD a guy with 26 jumps and an A license use a full face helmet?

I would tend to believe that he may want to utilize as much field of vision as humanly possible for a while yet.

But just my opinion, what do I know. :)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

hey everyone

im looking at getting a full face helmet

i could possibly get a bonehead mamba for around $250 ish
but thats still quite a bit

so my question is what is the best bang for your buck full face out there

thanks

The mamba is a nice helmet but i would recommend an oxygen instead. These days you can buy a used one for $150, if you shop around a bit (e-bay, dropzone.com classifieds, etc) Why pay for new? worst case you replace the visor for $25.
Save the money for more jumps.
Downsizing is not the way to prove your manhood.