Zeppo

Re: [Zeppo] Injury - Ontario, June 1, 2008

I would try out a sabre2 170 which is on the DZ - just borrow it for a couple of jumps. "cyn" has one if I remember right.

R

Gee thanks rob. Cyn doesn't share well with others and suffers from separation anxiety when parted from her new sabre2. I'm starting to hyperventilate just thinking about someone else jumping it. I might be inclined to lend it out in the interest of safety but if anything happens to it I"ll have to rip steve's face off and various other very unpleasant things. I hope Steve will be prepared to drive me home to hamilton too because i won't be able to see through the waterfall of tears and I may pass out due to shock. omg I think I just blacked out for a second. I know I grumble about hating her every time i pack her but it's only said in anger. She and I have an understanding. If I can find some sedatives you can jump my sabre 2 Steve.

LOL.....I thought I was the only one who did that kind of stuff :P:P - it must be the name:D:D
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

I "upsized" from a Stiletto to a Sabre 2 and I like the Sabre 2 better actually. I find that the flare is easier to get right and the front riser pressure is much lighter. Of course, you can do both of these things just as well on a Stiletto, it's just easier on a Sabre 2. On the Stiletto I had to give it a bit of brakes to get the front risers to lighten up, on the Sabre 2 you just grab and pull. The pressure on the fronts builds up slower, too. It doesn't lose nearly as much altitude in a front riser dive and the toggles are more responsive. Mind you I don't do any kind of swooping on it yet, I just play with them at altitude.

I'm no expert and I might be wrong, that's just the impression I got.
http://icanhascheezburger.com/2008/02/28/funny-pictures-i-come-with-sarcasm/
Proudly uncool since 1982.

I'm starting to hyperventilate just thinking about someone else jumping it.

I don't understand that attitude. I've loaned my gear out to lots of people and offered use of it to many more. Always considered that to be the neighborly thing to do...

"Neighborly thing to do"... well, yes and no. I've loaned my gear out to folks too on more than one occasion, but only to folks that I figured wouldn't bounce my stuff. :|

I've loaned my gear out to folks too on more than one occasion, but only to folks that I figured wouldn't bounce my stuff.

True... there's no way I'd lend it to someone I didn't think capable of safely landing it, but it has come back to me with new grass stains a few times. ;)

I'm starting to hyperventilate just thinking about someone else jumping it.

I don't understand that attitude. I've loaned my gear out to lots of people and offered use of it to many more. Always considered that to be the neighborly thing to do...

Cyn has less than 100 jumps on her profile, her rig is her baby. In another 100 jumps she'll be as quick to loan it out to qualified jumpers as the rest of us are with our gear, but right now she's in the newlywed phase of gear ownership, and doesn't want her gear cheating on her with another jumper :)
I went through that phase too. I'm over it now. Anyone qualified to jump my gear may jump it (but I'm quick to say 'no' to those who aren't ready)

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

with new grass stains

as long as it fits just move the main with risers over to his container...only takes a few minutes and you will not be jumping someone elses gear (same harness fit, handles, reserve etc). just get someone well qualified to do it if needed.

R

Steve -- I never post on here, mostly I just lurk ;)

I just had to say though that I think that you've made a good choice. Being someone still new to the sport, I find it admirable that you've taken everyone's advice (although it took some pushing). I also find it admirable that everyone worked so hard at making you see... We're lucky to have a community like this - even with the drama.

*****It gets in the plane or it gets the hose*****

I do kinda pity the next low jump number high wingload poster. ;)

Knowing that some actually do listen if beaten in enough times is only going to encourage us. :)

Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.