Describe the best bbq you ever had

Mine was probably at the Salt Lick in Texas last year.

Man i miss that place and it's unlimited plates of smokey, tender, lip smacking succulently marinaded meats SIGH!

www.saltlickbbq.com

I remember walking in and looking a the grill area and thinking i had reached heaven.

So when/where was/is your favourite bbq spot and why?

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts

Giraffe BBQ that Sebazz1 had in Northern California. He took out the insides and hung the giraffe from a huge redwood tree for 2 weeks. Then we put it on a open grill with charcoal and wood and cooked it for two days. We had many a spirits and talked about lions and tigers and bears, oh my. Best BBQ I have ever had.:P

whoa thats nuts. What did it taste like?

Lummy described it best. He said it tasted like chicken.

Edited to add: i just realised, where the F**K did you guys get a giraffe from?!

HH brought it when he moved from South Africa to L.A.

:|

I KNEW you were going to say it tasted like chicken!

Excuse my naiveity here, but how the heck does one go about transporting a giraffe across continents?! Oh wait, was it already chopped up in S. Africa?

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts

Excuse my naiveity here, but how the heck does one go about transporting a giraffe across continents?! Oh wait, was it already chopped up in S. Africa?

No. HH came over on a Arc. He brought two giraffes, two lions, two zebra, etc.. We only cooked the giraffe though. Clay had sex with the zebra so nobody wanted to eat it. I accidentally scratched the lions balls with a hot fork when it was sleeping and it got really mad at me so we had to put it down. [:/]

The best BBQ is to be found in Central Texas. Mostly in Lockhart at Smittty's or Kreuz's Meat Market.
No sauce, no marinades, no rubs, just 18 hours over post oak and pecan wood. You want sauce bring it.

No giraffe though. But ostrich and emu are not uncommon.;)
L.A.S.T. #24
Co-Founder Biscuit Brothers Freefly Team
Electric Toaster #3
Co-Founder Team Non Sequitor
Co-Founder Team Happy Sock

Texas: County Line, Green Mesquite, Salt Lick, Ironworks, Artz Rib House, Stubb's. (Did I forget any of the good ones?)

There is no good bbq in any other state. :)

Oh, and the Austin airport is really cool because you can get a big ole plate of Salt Lick bbq and a beer and listen to live local music while you wait for your plane. (Ted Roddy was playing there for my last flight.) All other airports now suck in comparison.

The Stealth Arc, the columbians loaned it to you?

No. Bill Von designed it and HH tried it out the first time. The Columbians bought it from me. I needed the money.

What side dishes go well with Giraffe?

We started out with some crumpets that Skreamer brought over from the UK. They were um um good. Do you like crumpets?

For side dishes we had the usual corn on the cobb and asparagus. The asparagus wasn't cooked too long and it was still kinda crunchy. That's the way I like it.

:|