SkydiveStMarys

Bad language

I disagree with doing anything painful (pepper, tobasco, etc.), HOWEVER, wash his mouth out with soap until he farts balloons.

you do realise soap can be caustic.

I had to brush my teeth with soap on the brush as a kid[:/][:/] YUKKY
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

When I was a kid, I got pepper on the tongue. Then immediately afterward I was allowed to drink milk or something to kill the taste.

It's funny, because time went by and I could either take or leave pepper, but now I LOVE ground black pepper, and I LOVE hot sauce. (Hot sauce was not what was used for the punishment though; just saying that I love hot-spicy flavors now.)

I would not use soap, and it was not used on me. It's not made to be ingested. I'm sure it tastes awful, but it could lead to blindness via "soap...poisoning!" ;)

I would use either black pepper or Crystal hot pepper sauce.

-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

I appreicate all the help and all the stories that y'all shared.......Soap was the last resort...I could leture till I was blue in the face and the cows come home and it wasn't making a dent (my kid is a "showme" type of person rather then "tell me")...so he got Zest....hopefully there won't be a next time, but I did make a mental note of all the useful suggestions you guys posted and will pull out a trick or two out of my hat if the situations comes up again.

Thanks guys!!!!

Bobbi
A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

This is really funny, ya'll. :D

His first PM was nice enought and I sent a short reply.

After that, I deleted the 10 additional pm's received.

I'm not sure who he's having a conversation with, but it certainly isn't me:D:D:D
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Got soaped at school - 8th grade. 4 of us together. I was the idiot who took a BIG bite while the others just took nibbles.

Ruined my taste buds for a week.

At home it was "the belt"...Dad's BIG belt...had to go get it myself and take it like a man.

.[:/]
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

"At home it was "the belt"...Dad's BIG belt...had to go get it myself and take it like a man."

My sister and I got my fathers belt too...but one day we happened upon it and hid it...the next time he went to get it...he couldn't find "the belt".....being the man that he was, he wasn't about to admit that he misplaced it, which we let him think he did....after that we got his hand across our ass.....When my father retired and they were packing up their house to move to their new condo....my father found "the belt"....some 20 yrs later....:D:D:Dmy sister and I just played dumb....:D:|

Bobbi

About two weeks ago a mom put pepper in her son’s mouth for cursing. The kid ran outside the house crying. A neighbor asked what was wrong and he told the neighbor what his mom did. The neighbor called the cops and they locked the mom up. I am not a parent and I am in no way telling you how to discipline your child. I am just throwing this out there to let you know what “could” happen today in some cities. Even if she is found Not Guilty she will have to miss work, go to court, pay a lawyer and her son will have to live with a relative until the case is over.

Ah, I understand. You don't want me to be friends with non-whites, correct? Sorry, ...but I will be friends with whoever I want, no matter what color their skin is.

edited for personal attack

Nothin' personal, but isn't this a Speakers Corner kind of thing? I haven't seen anyone here claim that you could not be friends with anyone you want.

You seem to be trying to play a game of who's the most non-racist. Personally, I'm all for anyone being as racist or as non-racist as they want to be. I'm not the thought police nor am I the PC police. I'll leave that to the truly arrogant who think they know what's best for the world, and there are a few you can have a lively discussion with in Speakers Corner.

So can you chill a bit? Please?

Back to the topic at hand.

I PMed this to Bobbi, but I'll go ahead and post it here.

I think I did, get my mouth washed out with soap, but I wouldn't swear to it. I remember being threatened with that a bunch.

When I was really small, one day my brother told me he was going to piss on me. I had no idea what "piss" meant, so I asked him. Of course, he was being a dick and wouldn't tell me.

So I asked our mom.

"Mom, what does piss mean?"

"Where did you hear that?!!!!!"

"Noel said he is going to piss all over me."

She went kind of pale and told me it means "wee wee".

When getting grilled about it, my brother claimed he heard it at school and had no idea what it meant. He later told me he had known *exactly* what it meant.

Shit that was funny! :D:D

Walt

I do recall seeing a news report a few years back about a kid who died from having his mouth washed out with soap. I can't remember it exactly, but I think the suds bubbled up so much into his mouth and nose so that he couldn't breathe.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

...If you want want to punish a kid, take away their Playstation or TV viewing rights.

After being raised with "the belt", I used the "loss of privledges" with my son. He responded very well to that.
I used the word privledges because I didn't want him to think that he had "rights" to TV, video games and such.

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I would never use soap or tabasco sauce or anything else to that nature. My step father did that to me once. I believe there are many other ways to get your point across and they do not involve physical punishment. I believe in talking to you children. Communication. When my son had an incident like this we talked about it. I expressed how disappointed I was in him and how I knew that he was better than that and there wasn’t a need for the language he was using. I told him that if he happened again there would be consequences and I listed them. It happened once again and when he looked at me I could see it in his eyes that he was sorry and he knew he did wrong. His consequence was no friends over for two weeks and no video games. Plus I made him write a paper on right on wrong. Its been well over a year and no bad words. :)

***My sister and I got my fathers belt too...but one day we happened upon it and hid it...the next time he went to get it...he couldn't find "the belt".....being the man that he was, he wasn't about to admit that he misplaced it, which we let him think he did....after that we got his hand across our ass.....When my father retired and they were packing up their house to move to their new condo....my father found "the belt"....some 20 yrs later....my sister and I just played dumb....

This story is eerily familiar to me. My mom carried around a bamboo stick. You'd think it wouldn't take very many encounters with that but I was incredibly stubborn. Anyway, my sis and I took the opportunity one day to remove that unpleasantness from our lives. We had a little ceremony for the stick by the fireplace at my aunt's house. We did fess up many years later, at my wedding reception:D

To this day I cannot walk through a bamboo forest without my heart racing!
Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28

"The belt" my dad used was a military issued belt...that woven fabric type of stuff (nylon maybe?) It was army green....now you know why I hate the color green so much....I have never worn anything green!!!!:D EVER!

Wheres Micro when you need him...I need therapy...:D:D:D

Bobbi

Good!>:(

I can't stand the "N" word. Ordinarily I'm not so PC...I love variety, love thy neighbor and all that shmack but I have no problem with making fun of our obvious differences in a light-hearted way.

Laughter is a HUGE requirement for daily sustinance for me.

But, I can't help it, I don't like the "N" word or the "other 'F'" word used for gays. [:/]

Oh I don't like either word at all. This was in the mid sixties, when the Civil Rights movement was in full bloom. The Catholic Church was very heavily involved, with a couple priests and nuns even getting killed in the south. The nun was the Principal of the school and a real holy terror. She grabbed the kid right out of his seat and up to the front of the class, where she produced a bar of soap from somewhere out of her robes and crammed it right into the kid's mouth. And said she'd do the same for anyone else who wanted to use that word in her school. We were like 8-9 years old and all sat there with our hands folded on our desks, thinking "okaaaaaayyyyyy.....".

Nowadays the nun would probably go to the pokey. The kid probably used the word because it was probably the way his family talked at home. But it was a very useful lesson that made a lifelong impression - and a good one.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Nothin' personal, but isn't this a Speakers Corner kind of thing? I haven't seen anyone here claim that you could not be friends with anyone you want.

You seem to be trying to play a game of who's the most non-racist. Personally, I'm all for anyone being as racist or as non-racist as they want to be.

For the record...I'm the "non" category.

I think the poor chap was confused & apparantly quoting/talking to someone else[:/]

Back to the topic at hand.

Indeed...regarding the comment about the mom who was arrested for putting pepper in the boys mouth. It doesn't surprise. But, I wonder how that's so much different than soap?[:/]

I tend to agree, but I waiver. I'm really sensitive to child abuse issues, but just about every one of my friends was spanked and it seems to be effective.

For me, guilt was FAR worse than any physical pain. If something I said or did was explained to me in a way I understood WHY it was wrong, I'd feel horrible and would not want to do it again. If I just got beat for it, it really didn't make any difference to me.

All I know is, being a parent has got to be the hardest job in the world. Different kids repsond to different stimuli better. How the hell do you figure it all out? I admire you parents for your dedication to being good mom's and dad's, whatever your choice of punishment.:P

***Different kids repsond to different stimuli better. How the hell do you figure it all out?

An AWFUL lot of trial and error!:P It would be great if each kid came with their own manual!
Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28

Oh of course, I understand "the times".

My absolutely beloved grandpa uses the word, but he doesn't use it in a derogatory way. It's kind of funny actually. He'll be telling us a story and complimenting a guy who helped him and be using the "n" word at the same time:D