SkydiveStMarys

Bad language

Ok...heres the deal.....my kid has picked up the nasty habit of saying a few choice words....one..he does NOT hear it from me...I don't use words like faggot, bastard, queer, two....he doesn't even know the meaning of these words, at first he didn't...I am sure by now he knows what they mean...so I have threaten him that if he says it again, I am going to rinse his mouth out with soap...well guess what I got in the mail from the school? A nice little letter stating to the fact that he called a kid a faggot..

Well now he knows what Zest tastes like...I told him next time...which there better not be...it will be pepper (after all thats what my momma used on me.:$)

Anyone else get their mouths rinsed out with something nasty when they were a child because of what spewd from it??

Bobbi
A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

Ok...heres the deal.....my kid has picked up the nasty habit of saying a few choice words....one..he does NOT hear it from me...I don't use words like faggot, bastard, queer, two....he doesn't even know the meaning of these words, at first he didn't...I am sure by now he knows what they mean...so I have threaten him that if he says it again, I am going to rinse his mouth out with soap...well guess what I got in the mail from the school? A nice little letter stating to the fact that he called a kid a faggot..

Well now he knows what Zest tastes like...I told him next time...which there better not be...it will be pepper (after all thats what my momma used on me.:$)

Anyone else get their mouths rinsed out with something nasty when they were a child because of what spewd from it??

Bobbi

Tobasco Sauce

Safe and effective.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

He is alot like me.....I distinctly remeber my mom putting pepper in my mouth...it cured me of my foul mouth real quick...made me smarter too...I was extremely careful what I said around whom.

My son wants to be a "bad" kid...he's just not very good at it...he always gets snagged.

Bobbi
A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

Yup, soap also. I don't remember what brand though.

When I was growing up, foul language was never used in my home. My parents never cursed. It was so drummed into me that when I enter their home, a foul word will not even slip from my mouth. But, out in the world, the foul words will fly. It's almost like I speak 2 languages.;)

I remember when I was in Junior High and High School, the word 'fag' or 'faggot' meant someone wasn't cool or they were a nerd. It didn't mean gay. I don't know when the meaning changed.

Chris

Aaah thats a good one.

Bobbi

Yep - and it never gets old.

I started with just an itty bitty dab on the finger -

I never got to a full drop.:)
I love my kid.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Trust me...this threat has hung over his head for the past two weeks...I lathered up his tongue like a wash cloth and then made him sit there while I yelled at him for another 10 mins.

Bobbi

Ooooh - Got video?:ph34r::)

couldn't agree with you more on the subject, i have 2 kids and wont tolerate their use of bad language. When they are older its their choice. I issue the punishment and usually grounding with a loss of privileges works for me but you have got to be tough and actually carry it through, or else next time they wont believe you

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun

Never got soaped in the mouth. I never cursed around my parents but I'd give 'em hell if they cursed in front of me. As to the whole aversion-therapy thing, soap/mouth, ect. - for what it's worth, restriction of privledges and the addition of tedious chores always had an effect on me. Ground the little thug. Make him weed the garden, do the windows, and when he's done, tell him - Not Good Enough - Do It Again. Explain he'd get more slack if he wasn't abusing the language. Just some ideas.

Bobbi

Well, now he knows what Zest tastes like

:D:D:D

I can't remember ever getting anything in my mouth for bad language. My ass was permanately blue as a child, but no soap in mouth:P

I did, however, develop really bad language later in life. I became a royal potty mouth in the high school years. I had an epiphany at one point that I sound very unclassy speaking that way and successfully weaned myself away from the colorful language.

I still use the F word here and there. There's just no good substitute for that one;) But, you will catch me saying "flippin" a lot, as in "I flippin love that" Which just means I love it a lot:P
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

I still use the F word here and there. There's just no good substitute for that one But, you will catch me saying "flippin" a lot, as in "I flippin love that" Which just means I love it a lot

Well I flippin love you.;)

I use friggin as a substitute for the F bomb...not always, but a lot of the times.

Chris

http://science.howstuffworks.com/swearing.htm
You might want to read that as it objectively analyzes swearing. After reading this, maybe you will see that it really doesn't matter. Words can't be evil. If anything, I would teach him that sometimes using that language can get him in trouble, but still letting him know that you know better than to make a big deal about it.
:)
If I could make a wish, I think I'd pass.
Can't think of anything I need
No cigarettes, no sleep, no light, no sound.
Nothing to eat, no books to read.

I got the great soaping at school..Of course that was before there were lawsuits and schools could do more back in the day.

I completely agree with you on washing his mouth out, I did it to my son for foul language coming out of his mouth. You got it easy for just now having to do it at 11, mine was 5 years old when he got the soaping (as I call it) :D
Breathe out so I can breathe you in...