skydivermom

You know you need a jump REAL bad when..

You are starting the lawn mower and you imagine you are pulling your pilot chute....

You are filling trash bags with leaves and weeds ...and just for a moment, you hold a bag with both hands and let it fill with air...close your eyes and just dream you are under canopy.

We are getting our house ready to go on the market...I need a jump REALLY REALLY BAD!!:S:S

(made changes so this would make more sense....man that just shows how exhausted I really am)

so I take it the clouds never broke up enough?
Wish I could have come back but I realized what happend when I got to the atm. I had bought a new battery for my altimeter. It turns out instead of being charged 4 dollars I was charged 400!!! Lesson learned. Check your receipts people!
I may not agree with what you have to say but i'll defend to the death your right to say it.

You are starting the lawn mower and you imagine you are pulling your pilot chute....

You are filling trash with leaves and weeds ...and just for a moment, you hold a bad with both hands and let it fill with air...close your eyes and just dream you are under canopy.

We are getting our house ready to go on the market...I need a jump REALLY REALLY BAD!!:S:S

Well, maybe we can try it again next weekend:)
Walt

$400!!! Holy crap Kevin!

I wondered why you didn't return. Maybe it will be better this weekend...less windy too.

God I hope. My brigade has a "boss" trip to spaceland this friday. A great deal for the soliders. 120$ for 2 tandems...just can't beat that. I contacted spaceland and they said they would work something out to hook me up with jump tix. So that plus jumping saturday would be awesom...lots of jumps this weekend hopefully. Unfortunatly I checked the weather forcast and they are saying mostly cloudy for friday and all through the weekend so it isnt looking good. oh yeah and...

I had a moment today waiting for final formation being relased for the day. I look up and see a huge brake in the clouds right near sunset. The wind was calm the sunset was nice. I just thought to myself....gotta get working on that 12 thousand ft. ladder!:D
I may not agree with what you have to say but i'll defend to the death your right to say it.

One more thing. People, please post your own personal "you know you need a jump when...." Surely we all have everyday moments/events that make us think of jumping.

Sometimes I'll be walking down a hallway or maybe to my car and imagine myself burning through two grand with my Racer and reaching back, grabbing my pullout and tossing it. Whack! My canopy is right fucking there--dead on heading!

Of course, what the people around me see is some fucktard reaching back, apparently scratching his ass for a split second, flinging his right arm out as if making some weird dance move, looking upward for a moment, then continuing down the corridor with a smile.

They think, "That guy's fuckin' on something!!!"

Maybe I should be.;)

Walt

:D:DI do somthing similar on my Guzzi, open her up and then lock off the throttle, reach back with my right hand and deploy:D:D:D Except evrytime i doit i get a double Total mal :D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

When you go to the bathroom and throw the TP that you just finished wiping with like a PC.

You jump down a staircase at work and practice a PLF, and then everyone looks at you like WTF?
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

There's a pretty steep hill on a country road by my house. On a beautiful day I'll hit the hill doing about seventy on my Harley, stick my arms in the air, arch, and stare at the clouds and sky. The feeling is amazing and probably about 100 times more dangerous than jumping out of the plane...

The last time I did this, a guy coming the other direction blew his horn and I about crapped my pants.

I forgot one...

I flew back from a busniness trip and I stopped, stuck my head out the door when we landed and looked straight down at the loading ramp before stepping out.

When I hear an airplane I look up to see what altitude they are at...obviously I am guessing...but my guesses are usually dead on...the thought always comes to mind.... is that an airplane that one could jump out of...yeah right...every airplane is jumpable with an imagination.:)

Bobbi
A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

When I hear an airplane I look up to see what altitude they are at...obviously I am guessing...but my guesses are usually dead on...the thought always comes to mind.... is that an airplane that one could jump out of...yeah right...every airplane is jumpable with an imagination.:)

Bobbi

And a sawsall. My job is on a flightpath to a small airport in CT, and every time I hear the engines of the plane kick down I think Jump run.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

We had a fire station right next to my DZ... the guys would spend many hours, between calls, with their eyes toward the skies...I was able to get one of the guys to do a Tandem...he was huge!! 6'3...240....he loved it though it was like trying to roll a hippo out of the airplane.:D

I always felt a sense of relief that they were located where they were...help was only a few hundred feet away.

Bobbi
A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

when you check the weather fourteen times a day - even when you know you have to work and can't go jumping anyway.

when you practice your exits standing on the side of the bathtub using the shower curtain bar to float off of.

when you decide to drive over to watch the 4way meet at spaceland just because, well, if i can't jump (usually because the winds are high and i'm still a student) at least SOMEONE is jumping.
life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.
(helen keller)

Texas Skydiving League Meet 1 is at Spaceland this weekend!!!

Come & do you student jumps and see the competition.

Be careful hanging on to the shower bar for floating exits. In fact stay completely away from the shower - showers are dangerous and can break you. I had a low pull in the shower about two months ago and almost died.:|

:D

is

I had a low pull in the shower about two months ago and almost died.:|

laughing... wow. that's awesome.

yep, planning to come on over and watch TSL this weekend. spaceland is not too far, and i need to meet some more local types. go 4fun and team america!! woo-hoo!! B|
life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.
(helen keller)