ACMESkydiver

I QUIT SCHOOL!!!!!!

WOO-HOO!!!!

As of this moment, I am officially disenrolled for Spring quarter! I'm OUTTIE!!!! yee-haw, what a burden taken from my shoulders.

My VA funding ran out...the worker retraining assistance ran out...& my scholarships, if any, won't come in until fall quarter.

My hubby asks me, "So, why are you doing this again?" :S

I said "I don't know! And I don't think I should! It's just too annoying and my babies need me!" :)
Yea, field trips with my babies...I get to make waffles at school for the 4th graders when they finish their WASL testing in April...I get to be a volunteer mom for all the cool stuff!! B|

Quitting never felt so good! -Wait, I take that back- quitting my job was even better. ;)

Any other quitters out there? :)

Edit to fix some spelling...see? I just am not cut out to bee a collidge stewdent! ;)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

one of the 50 things everyone should do before they die [apparantly] is quit their job.

so well done thats you done at least 2! B|

and yeah i had a crappy job at a supermarket a few years back, and i had an argument with my supervisor and told him where he could stick his job

best thing was they told me that 'i didnt have to quit, we could work it out' i just walked away, one of the best feelings ever! :)
www.ewancowie.com
www.facebook.com/ewancowiephotography

Guest 1010
>Any other quitters out there?

I should have quit before the last 6 shots of Tequila Saturday night. :|

You can have it good, fast, or cheap: pick two.

Get your ass back in school nuckle head!:S

I'm not the one who needs schoolin'...at least I can spell 'knuckle'. :P

:D:D:D:D
Proof read Clay:D:D:D:D

Jaye are you defering or quiting, defering is fine, quitting is not so fine (unless you have chosen the wrong course to begin with).
Signed Squeak the life long learner:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Guest 1010

Tequila is your friend...welcome it home into your stomach...it will aid you in your battle against the evil liver...

:P

it was a diverse night of drinking, but excellent company ... several glasses of burgandy with dinner, then a venue change, then beer followed by parrot bay followed by a kahlua & creme thing followed by many many cranberry & vodkas ... before we started on the hard stuff (really) :o:D

/end hijack

You can have it good, fast, or cheap: pick two.

Aww! I'm sad to hear this. But I understand that you must have felt conflicted between your kids and having to spend so much time on school.

Are you done with the pilot thing then?

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

My VA funding ran out...the worker retraining assistance ran out...& my scholarships, if any, won't come in until fall quarter.

I hope you decide to go back. All that money was given to you to help you pursue an education. If you don't go back and pursue it, its all wasted money. It coulda gone to someone else who really needed it and is still pursuing it[:/]

*daizey*

Jaye are you defering or quiting, defering is fine, quitting is not so fine (unless you have chosen the wrong course to begin with).
Signed Squeak the life long learner:D:D

Meh, the reality is it's a 2 quarter hiatus...I'll likely be back in the fall to finish. -I think I only have 12 credits left for my degree. I already have basic and intermediate aviation knowledge certificates, and as of monday, I'll have my aviation dispatch certficate signed off. If I wanted to, I'd just have to take the FAA Dispath exam and I'd be licensed.

I'm taking Spring and summer off to try to scrounge up some funds to finish my flight license and ratings, which are required if I want to finish my degree. -After all, it is 'Aviation Technology, Professional Pilot'. Hard to get that without 250 flight hours and Private, IFR, & commerical ratings. ;)
~Jaye

I hope you decide to go back. All that money was given to you to help you pursue an education. If you don't go back and pursue it, its all wasted money. It coulda gone to someone else who really needed it and is still pursuing it[:/]

You're saying that I DIDN'T earn my VA money? We are NOT going to agree on that one, sister! >:(

Worker retraining money was money I paid into the system via taxes and the company that laid me off paid into the system. I'm not sure you know how much 'all that money' is that you're referring to. It was about $2800 total. Again, MUCH less than what I have paid in; I paid over $22,000 of tax in a single year with the 'bank'. And I don't feel the LEAST bit sorry about spending the tax money the bank had to put in after being lied to and cheated.

I also have $12k of school loans that are my sole responsibility. I don't regret any of them. I have so much more knowledge on aviation and aerodynamics now than if I had just enrolled in a flight school and went through nothing but ground and flight. I'll be a better pilot.

You should be thankful that a future jump pilot that may, some day, be hauling YOUR skydiving butt up into the sky wants more knowledge than the bare minimum. ;)

Now where's my coffee.....>:(:P

Edit: I read thru that and it sounded like a 'mad' post. I wasn't really pissed, I'm just trying to make my point! :D Again, I haven't had my coffee...:)
~Jaye

I quit my job yesterday, way too much work and drama.

I feel slightly better but im going to need a bout a week detox before the burden is fully lifted.

What do you do when someone throws a big planet at you?
Throw your pilot chute in defense!

Are you done with the pilot thing then?

Actually I am taking the 'meaty' part of the year to finish it. :)

PS...I ended on a high note. I believe I have another 4.0 for the quarter if I don't COMPLETELY blow the final on Tuesday! B|
~Jaye

Nope not an angry reply. Also I didn't say you didn't earn it, just that it would suck if you weren't planning on going back after putting so much into it.

But you are going back:)
Congrats on the 4.0. I've been working my butt off all semester to hopefully achieve the same thing!!

Good luck to ya!

*daizey*

Jaye,
School is one of those things that really is only relevant if your goal require a college degree. Some of the smartest people I know don't have college educations and some people with college degrees are so lame I wouldn't let them wax my car. Although I can say the same about most any metric out there (licenses in skydiving, people with driver's licenses who can't drive, people with certificates of X who shouldn't be allowed near X, versus self taught and trained individuals who are masters at their trade). If you believe school is an important route for you then, by all means get your ass back there at some point. If not, then move on with life and do what you know needs to be done. Although never close the option of going back to school. Your goals may change.

Be well my friend,

-=Raistlin
find / -name jumpers -print; cat jumpers $USER > manifest; cd /dev/airplane; more altitude; make jump; cd /pub; more beer;