sunnydee123

CALIF BOUND 3/31....

Hi all..........I have a little trip planned out to CA coming up and although I will be staying between Perris and Elsinore, I wasn't really sure I would spend the entire time jumping. I really want to do a little exploring while I'm there this time and was wondering if anyone wanted to come along. I REALLY want to make the drive to Sequoia Nat'l Forest and see some of those big bad ass trees and I want to maybe hike around San Jacinto mtns if it isn't totally freezing.

So - any takers? Any suggestions on stuff to do while I'm there? I'd also love to check out a real vineyard since I'm just becoming a bit of a "wine-o" ;)

Talk to me kids..............I fly in late 3/31 and head back out 4/6

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

Hi all..........I have a little trip planned out to CA coming up and although I will be staying between Perris and Elsinore, I wasn't really sure I would spend the entire time jumping. I really want to do a little exploring while I'm there this time and was wondering if anyone wanted to come along. I REALLY want to make the drive to Sequoia Nat'l Forest and see some of those big bad ass trees and I want to maybe hike around San Jacinto mtns if it isn't totally freezing.

So - any takers? Any suggestions on stuff to do while I'm there? I'd also love to check out a real vineyard since I'm just becoming a bit of a "wine-o" ;)

Talk to me kids..............I fly in late 3/31 and head back out 4/6

Nice to see you again, SD

Have a good trip
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

WOW.............didn't realize I was missed. I'm not gone, just a bit more quiet these days. xo

So, any tips on fun things to check out in California? or know anyone who wants to do a day or two of road trips? There always more fun with a co-pilot

If you're driving up to the Sequoias, plan on a couple of days up there. It's beautiful and you can't see much in a day. Like Bill said, Temecula has a ton of wineries to check out and you could go up to Idlewilde to see some snow and pine trees. The view of Lake Elsinore from the Ortega mountains is real nice as well and there are some trails up there to hike.

Skydiving gave me a reason to live
I'm not afraid of what I'll miss when I die...I'm afraid of what I'll miss as I live

If you're in the mood for hiking, Box Springs National Park is right there, about 15 minutes from the Perris DZ. I spent my entire youth (free time) hiking all over those hills. Just watch out for rattlers.
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

If you're in the mood for hiking, Box Springs National Park is right there, about 15 minutes from the Perris DZ. I spent my entire youth (free time) hiking all over those hills. Just watch out for rattlers.

You need to spend more time hiking instead of eating you fat bastard:D
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

Actually, I'm feeling quite slim after looking at those pictures of you and I together at Dublin.:P

Plus, it's hard to hike here in the flatlands. They call that 'hitchhiking' here. :D
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC

Actually, I'm feeling quite slim after looking at those pictures of you and I together at Dublin.:P

Plus, it's hard to hike here in the flatlands. They call that 'hitchhiking' here. :D

I was looking at the pics and thinking the same...maybe we are both fat bastards..Oh well, i'll drink a heineken to that

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

I was looking at the pics and thinking the same...maybe we are both fat bastards..Oh well, i'll drink a heineken to that

HAHAHAHA! I'll drink to that one too. And we can drink again when Chuck stops by to VERIFY we're both fat bastards. :ph34r:

chucks developing a little buddha himself..he needs to spend more time in the jungle and less at boogies...he's like an olive with tooth picks

chucks developing a little buddha himself..he needs to spend more time in the jungle and less at boogies...he's like an olive with tooth picks

Now I'm waiting for the Chris Cowden School of MS Paint to show us the way...:D

If you head up to the Sequoia's I know of a REALLY cool B&B right on the Kern to stay at. Durwood B&B 760-376-3147... ask for the Moose room. Gorgeous area and some wonderful hiking up there.

g

Raddest ho this side of Jersey #1 - rest in peace brother
Beth lost her cherry and I missed it
.... you want access to it, but you don't want to break it.

If you go up into Sequoia I hope you like snow because they have been getting lots of it lately. We were just there on 3/26 and 3/27 and they got a foot of it that night. Yes, we had to rent the stupid chains and everything to go up in the park.
Not trying to discourage you because they are beautiful and BIG but, with all the snow you might not do much hiking unless you have snowshoes.
Hope you have a great trip. ;)

Scott

Oh! And I just remembered something else! Since you'll be staying between Perris and Elsinore, be sure to take a day for relaxing and visit Glen Ivy Hot Springs. You won't regret it...especially if you go play in the mud. B|

Thanks for all the info gang......actually I sorta knew there might be snow in the Seqioua area but I am game for it. I DO live in FL so don't get to see it much. Even considered the whole snow shoe thing - could be fun......but I do NOT want to have to deal with chains and all that BS. DId that in Tahoe not long ago where a nice pretty snow nearly stranded us and a million others on the road. Missed my flight home.......ugh.......

Did you say "play in the mud"? OOOO, that sounds like TOO MUCH fun :P, gotta take someone along for that adventure :$

We'll see what happens, I just want to do some other fun stuff while I am out there since I've been there like 5 times now and have not seen much past the road from Ontario to DZ in Perris. Thinking about visiting Elsinore on Sunday, weather permitting. Anyone gonna be around to do some freeflying?

I almost thought I was going to have to scold a few people for hi-jacking my thread but it got under control......lucky for you guys!

OK - I've got a few more days to gather info for anyone else who wants to share. I can not WAIT for vacation........;)

Hey Dee,

They plow the road just beyond Johnsondale, if there is snow up there it will be unlikely you'll be able to see the Trail of 100 Giants. If you head up there, another must (if you eat beef) is McNally's for dinner - about the best steak I've ever had.

g

Raddest ho this side of Jersey #1 - rest in peace brother
Beth lost her cherry and I missed it
.... you want access to it, but you don't want to break it.