stitch

I think we should petition......

the USPA.If anybody is identified as stealing
other skydivers gear/possesions,their membership
is permanently revoked.Thoughts on this?
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

I agree they shouldnt be allowed at dropzones if they are identified... but can the USPA really revoke membership for theft of property? They arent a court of law.

Just find out who the thief is; Then get a group of ninjas or just a group of your friends in ski masks and wait near his car, give him the most spectacular beating in history, cut off his nose, hands, ears and feet and dump a huge container of salt on the wounds. Burn all clothing and bury the body parts... Clean yourself up real good so you dont go to jail. Make sure you exfoliate.

Identified AND convicted in a court of law wouuld be OK with me.

Part of the reason my rig is so damned ugly. Only a fool would WANT to steal it.

:S
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

... but can the USPA really revoke membership for theft of property? They arent a court of law.

Why not? USPA membership is not a right, it's a priveledge.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Identified AND convicted in a court of law wouuld be OK with me.

Part of the reason my rig is so damned ugly. Only a fool would WANT to steal it.

:S

There's that whole "tequila-soaked" thing, too.... :P;):)
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I think we should give them a cookie and a medal. Then tell them it's not their fault that they're so confused and misguided -- society is to blame. Perhaps medication will fix their thieving tendencies, we mustn't let the opportunity to help be wasted.

Then we kick the shit out of them. If only there were a way to make them ineligible to jump anywhere.... not all dz's are uspa.
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams

Yes,Vinnie that would be expected.But,if what they
stole had a value of $1000,or less,the penalty
would more than likely only be probation.Especially
the 1st time their caught.Or if the person did time
for it,who would remember them,say 2 or 3 years from now?
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

I think we should give them a cookie and a medal. Then tell them it's not their fault that they're so confused and misguided -- society is to blame. Perhaps medication will fix their thieving tendencies, we mustn't let the opportunity to help be wasted.

Thats the funniest thing I've read in awhile, true but funny!!!!:D
Exodus 20
Christians aren't perfect, just forgiven
1 cross + 3 nails = 4GVN

Then we kick the shit out of them. If only there were a way to make them ineligible to jump anywhere.... not all dz's are uspa.

Actually,then we should throw them a party.
A blanket party,but instead of soap-bars in socks,
we should use citrus fruit.It supposedly doesn't leave
marks.
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

Wet sand works better... :)

Awe guys - come on - lets be humanitarian. . . .

there is nothing wrong with . . .

well, that would get me arrested wouldn't it?

lets just say theres a blowtorch and a pair of pliers - lets get midevil on their ass!>:(
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Does this come before or after the can of whoop-ass?

There is absolutely no need to get violent with someone for stealing gear. Simply, steal his gear and send him for a jump at about 10 grand without his gear.

Richards
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

Does this come before or after the can of whoop-ass?

There is absolutely no need to get violent with someone for stealing gear. Simply, steal his gear and send him for a jump at about 10 grand without his gear.

Richards

I'm sorry to easy...Knee cap the bastard and let him live the rest of his life in a wheel chair drinking his food....is that too harsh?
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

I'm sorry to easy...Knee cap the bastard and let him live the rest of his life in a wheel chair drinking his food....is that too harsh?

No it's too easy. You should also castrate him and ram a baseball bat wrapped in barbwire up his ass repeatedly so he needs to have a colostomy and shit out of a tube in the side of his torso into a bag that must be emptied at regular intervals.

But....I tend to go a bit far sometimes.

Richards
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

I agree they shouldnt be allowed at dropzones if they are identified... but can the USPA really revoke membership for theft of property? They arent a court of law.

the USPA is a private organization, they can revoke a membership for no reason if they choose to.

A precedent was set a few years ago when the boyscouts took a case to the supreme court, they didn't want to allow gay's into the boyscouts. the court found that since they are a private org. they can choose whoever they want as members, and deny whoever they want.

I don't think asking the USPA to police what we as a community should police is a solution to the problem. They have a set charter, that some question if they're even living up to given the limited resources they have. To add judgments on character and legal issues is adding a major set of duties to an organization that really shouldn't be in the business of assessing peoples' character, as much as we might like them to.

Sure it might seem nice in theory, but in practice it'd be a nightmare to administer. Really, this lies at the local level and the personal level; creating and maintaining a community that doesn't tolerate this kind of behavior. Unfortunately, that is at direct odds with the growth of the sport. The larger it becomes, and the more we welcome in "outsiders," whether they be temporary (tandems and their entourages) or relatively permanent (continuing students and upjumpers), the more difficult it will be to create a community that we can insulate from the realities of the outside world.

Doesn't mean we can't/shouldn't try, but we also all need to know that trust is not an absolute, even within the family. It sucks that it isn't, but it isn't.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke