weegegirl

Holy panic attack!!!!

So I'm sitting in the bar playing poker tonight in a tournament. I was fairly relaxed, surounded by friends, when all of a sudden this HUGE explosive noise happens. I absolutely lost my shit. I thought I was going to have a heart attack!!!! I practicaly clawed the crap out of my buddy sitting next to me. I had to get up and leave the table and go outside for fresh air. I have NEVER lost it like that.

Turns out that my favorite bar tender was trying to put the basketball game on the big screen but the sound was turned up all the way... VERY LOUD! I think it blew speakers and it sounded like the joint was blowing up.

My reaction was enough to have everyone in the place rolling on the floor in laughter. I was so scared I almost peed my pants.

WTF?? What causes a reaction like that?? I was still shaking over an hour later!!

You should be glad you don't live in FL when the space shuttle comes back from outer space. The sonic boom makes me jump out of my chair every time!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I have never panicked due to a loud noise myself however, I had my first panic attack this Fall the day after I started walking without a cast. I stepped out of work and froze stiff, I couldn't move. The parking lot had frozen and the 100 feet or so to get to my car was about 3 inches thick ice like a rink. A coworker basically dragged me to my car. I couldn't breathe or move for a few minutes. I had never had that happen before. It was weird. Total melt down.

You should be glad you don't live in FL when the space shuttle comes back from outer space. The sonic boom makes me jump out of my chair every time!

I miss those booms, but I was in Socal.

I say there is nothing wrong with being a little on the jumpy side. I noticed these days I tend to be a little more on my guard and seem to jump at more things than usual. It can be embarassing at times, but I get a laugh at myself as well.
Skymama's #2 stalker -