briguy

Mtv has gone completely downhill

MTV has a huge impact on alot of people...there are alot of kids who watch that channel...there are alot of things that they did through the past few decades that have changed this society.

And none of them have been for the better. ;)

[butthead voice]
welcome to the jungle baby, you're gonna dieeeeeeeeeeeeee
[butthead voice]
Skymama's #2 stalker -

is that the pretend reality show about the models?

I can assure you, that's pretty much how it is in the Miami Beach modeling scene.:P

I agree with the original post--I caught 2 minutes of that show "Yo Mamma"---BOR-ING!

But, admitedly, I do still enjoy the Real World:$

Other than that, I don't watch much anymore except once in a while flipping channels out of horror (when I say horror, I refer to their show "Sweet Sixteen". OMGosh!!! These parents are NUTS! I don't care how much money my father made, I didn't get b-day parties past the single-digits and even then, they were modest, to say the least. I can't believe how these brats act!)

:P
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

I'll back you up, Bobbi. I'm not saying it's the greatest thing for kids to watch, but I think parents should drop in once in a while to get a clue.

I was born in the 80s and have never missed a season of the Real World, starting from 1992 when it debuted. I even wanted to be on it, but was always so busy with other things I was not willing to give up to send in a tape. I mean, you have to have an element of "free time" to go on a reality show.

I can't tell you whether watching MTV growing up impacted me for better or worse, but in contrast to John's comment, I can assure you I turned out OK;)
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Yeah, I'm showing my age, but I remember when they first started out.

They've long since reached rock-bottom and started to dig.

Like the rest of society and popular culture - it's become ghetto-trash.

There were these people, see, and they were called "musicians" and they used things called "instruments" to play interesting melodies and harmonical arrangements, and they could even keep up with each other.

From watching MTV nowadays, you wouldn't think such people even existed anymore, when the ability to trash-talk in a rhyming meter is somehow considered to be "talent"...>:(

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Mtv has gone completely downhill

You JUST NOW noticed this? That channel has been bullshit since they started doing ANYTHING that didn't have anything to do with music. I believe the first piece of shit to come out of that genre to begin the downfall was Real World and/or Road Rules.

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

The Young Ones
Liquid Televison
Headbangers Ball

How pathetic am i...i know i still have old video tapes from when i use to tape Headbangers Ball. Maybe i'll hunt them down and watch 'em later.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

You made a funny. I used to actually own the first Buggles album. Besides "video killed the radio star", the only other good song on it was "ellestre".

Anyone wanting to actually watch decent videos on MTV would simply have to switch over to MTV2 or any of the other "real" video channels. I don't generally watch videos anymore, but there are plenty of good choices on digital cable and satellite