VanillaSkyGirl

Have a 190 main that I could borrow/rent for the day, tomorrow? (I'll be at Elsinore.)

Hey everyone~
I am getting some canopy coaching tomorrow at Skydive Elsinore. It will be my third day back in the sky. (Last week, I became recurrent, after not jumping for about a year and a half.)

Tomorrow, I need a 190 main. The one at the DZ's gear shop may not be available. (Yesterday, it had a very noticeable built in left-hand turn. It seems desperately out of trim.) Anyway, I was wondering if anyone at all would have a 190 that I could borrow for the day. I will pay to use the canopy, if I need to. I am ok jumping a Sabre 2, Spectre, Sabre, etc.

Please post, PM or send me an e-mail at [email protected]. Thank you!

190? Im all for safety but wouldnt that put you at a .47:1 wow thats a light wing loading!! ;) ;)

Dont worry Im sure something will turn up that you can use!!
Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone!

I like to start my day off with a little Ray of Soulshine™!!

Hahaha...no, the problem is that I have NO rig or main. I am renting what my home DZ has available in my size. I ideally need a 13" harness with cut-in laterals and very small leg straps, as I am narrow everywhere.

I was jumping a 14" harness, and it did this when I arched. (See pic.) However, that rig in the pic is the smallest harness that I have ever had. (I've sold it.) The rentals would be unsafe. The only rig that will fit me anywhere near decent is a highly adjustable student rig at my DZ that holds a 220 main. The others were just too big and loose everywhere on me.

Therefore, I jumped the school's adjustable rig with the 220 on my recurrency jump. I wore about 14 lbs. of lead, but still, the canopy was like a freaking boat. My landing was not good, although my body flying with Mel was so much FUN!

Then, when I did my canopy coaching on Thursday (I wanted two days of coaching), we switched out the 220 from the student rig and put in a 190 rented main. To switch out the 220 and put in a 170 into that rig would not be a good idea.

Today, I called Gia, and she called her rigger. I am borrowing her rig tomorrow (she is dropping it off on her way to an event in the morning), which has a 150. I am switching out a 150 with a 170 for tomorrow. I am so happy to have a solution for now. GIA ROCKS!!! :) :)

hrmmmm, the gear shop ones got a built in left.. grrr, .. oh well, guess i will just stay on the 210 until i get my own gear .. *wishful thinking* why must gear cost so much??? . and welcome back to the sky Rosa :) ... Oh, and HI, my name is Steven *shermanator* nice to meet you.
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720