RastaRicanAir

TO WHOEVER STOLE MY LAPTOP FROM THE FARM:

You toss around the Thief Label quite freely without anything to back it up......

Thank You for setting this topic straight Thanatos340! For the ones that called the victim a thief. I have three words for you...GO GET BENT!

Brett

I know, what is this guy's problem? It is like he has personal agenda. Go start a new thread and let us help find our friend's laptop.
-----------------
I love and Miss you so much Honey!
Orfun #3 ~ Darla

So what you are saying is 2 wrongs make a right?

The laptop is stolen. Regardless of what was on it, it was STOLEN. Not sure what your real problem is, but like someone else suggested you might want to start another thread. Your posts are bizarre.

j
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

There is another thread in the womens forum that says insurance will cover it, so save your money.

Insurance may cover a replacement but it won't cover a reward. However, it would probably make sense for folks to hold onto their pledged money until there is a need to pay out a reward. And I sure hope there is, because I'd much rather see them get the laptop back and figure out who did it than have to file an insurance claim to try to replace the irreplacable.

Insurance may cover a replacement but it won't cover a reward. However, it would probably make sense for folks to hold onto their pledged money until there is a need to pay out a reward. And I sure hope there is, because I'd much rather see them get the laptop back and figure out who did it than have to file an insurance claim to try to replace the irreplacable.

DITTO!! We're not changing our original pledge. I hope Robby and Marianne both know that they can count on us! B| :)

There is another thread in the womens forum that says insurance will cover it, so save your money.

100% agree. We are not looking for or expecting any $. This isn't about $ or materials and never was.
I like coconuts. You can break them open and they smell like ladies lying in the sun!

-I don't see the thread in the women's forum, but did whoever mentioned that advice ALSO mention the tiny little issue of a deductible and also the cancellation of your policy?

I was an insurance agent, so I know what I'm talking about here...if the same situation happened to me, I have a $2000 homeowners insurance policy deductible. Yours may vary...it might be $500, or $2000, or any other amount.

Secondly, if you have a personal articles policy covering said item, you have THAT deductible, and then VERY likely, your policy will be cancelled immediately after paying out.

Just the way it goes, ladies and gents....
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Is anyone else shaking there head at this situation????

I feel bad that their laptop was stolen and all but this is getting more sympathy and DONATIONS than most incidents. Believe me, if you told me who the thief was, I would be first in line to tar and feather but....

There is some culpability of the laptop owner in this situation too. (that should be a lesson to all of us)

1. There are bad apples in every group. Even skydivers, expect it.

2. It sounds like this thing was not locked up. If you have something valuable, lock it in your car trunk. It is hard to have a lot of sympathy if they left it sitting in the hangar overnight.

3. If the files are so dang important, back them up on a drive/server that is always seperate. My files are on a few iPods and Yahoo servers.

4. There are starving kids and some people are donating hundreds/up to thousands of dollars as a reward/replacement???? Do with your own money as you will, but I sure couldn't see the reasoning behind this, especially when it sounds like it could have been prevented. Nobody is homeless or hungry, nobody does not have a car to get to work, there are no widows or kids without parents....

Either way, if it was so important, it should have been insured, and if it was, why is everyone donating?

I have seen less of a reaction in both sympathy and monitary ways to a lot of fatalities.....

I don't get it.....

---

This is not the "Lessons Learned" thread. This is the "Let's help our friends and not judge them" thread. As has been previous said, start another thread to cast your judgements and potential aspersions. Mmm'kay?
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

I feel bad that their laptop was stolen and all but this is getting more sympathy and DONATIONS than most incidents. Believe me, if you told me who the thief was, I would be first in line to tar and feather but....

There is some culpability of the laptop owner in this situation too. (that should be a lesson to all of us)

The full situation was that Robby had spent ALOT of time putting together a Playlist for the Party that night. His (And Maryanne’s) Laptop was Connected to the Farm`s PA System to Play that Music. The Party was still going Strong when Robby went to bed. Instead of doing what most of us would have done and Taking his Laptop with him... Thus Ending the Music.. He left it Playing.
Hindsight now tells us this was a Mistake, However up until the Moment the Laptop was Taken... He had no reason to believe that it would be anything but safe as these were his Friends and Family.

It was a Hard lesson for all of us.

We all feel violated by this and want to do something.

It is hard to have a lot of sympathy if they left it sitting in the hangar overnight.

Not for me it isnt... especially when he did that for the benefit of others. It was an Intergral part of the Party that was going on. It is not like he just left it laying around somewhere.. It was being used.

3. If the files are so dang important, back them up on a drive/server that is always separate. My files are on a few iPods and Yahoo servers.

Sadly.. They took the back up Hard drive too. Again Hindsight is 20/20.

There are starving kids and some people are donating hundreds/up to thousands of dollars as a reward/replacement???? Do with your own money as you will, but I sure couldn't see the reasoning behind this, especially when it sounds like it could have been prevented. Nobody is homeless or hungry, nobody does not have a car to get to work, there are no widows or kids without parents....

NO.. But many of those that were there do feel bad about this as we all feel we could have done something to prevent this. Many of the people that have offered up money feel partially responsible because any one of us could have put up the laptop before going to bed. In fact many of us even commented on the fact that we considered it at various points during the night. We Look out for each other at the Farm.

Either way, if it was so important, it should have been insured, and if it was, why is everyone donating?

Because we want to see the Bastard that came into OUR house... (Yes The Farm is Our House as far as many of us are concerned.. it is our HOME DZ) and Stole from one of US identified and dealt with.
It makes it even worse that the Farm was putting on a FREE BOOGIE at the Time... FREE JUMPS for everyone... and some Bastard decides to steal from us as well.

I will also like to point out that several people who have offered money have never been to the Farm but I think they understand how we all feel right and want to help. I commend that and it goes to show that YES there are some Bad Apples as you pointed out but for every Bad one.. There are 100 more good ones in this sport.

OK.....I get it a lot more now.

Very cool of him to leave it....I wish he had tapped a night owl buddy to be in charge of it.

Again, the 20/20 thing applies and unfortunately, all to many of us have learned the hard way that there are always bad apples.

If I was at that party, I would have chipped in too (because I sure as hell wouldnt have gone to bed early)

I still stand by my earlier statements about the lessons we all need to learn from this..

Whats funny is, there was a known thief at a DZ once, EVERYONE knew it and the thief would show up selling hot merchandise at other DZ's. Nobody said shit to him. I couldnt understand that either.

I am amazed at how much people do not want to 'get involved.' I hope someone turns this SOB in..

--

hey there! i do not know you. your wife or anyone from the farm for that matter, however i really am very sorry to hear about your computer, and have faith that things will pan out for you... i really hope that whomever is the guilty party can be "man" enough to fess up... and if they're not let their conscience eat them alive for disrupting a family on more than one level... my thoughts and prayers are with you and i hope to hear good news soon!
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

I thank J. for clarifying all of that, and I can't add much, except that my hindsight is not 20/20, it's f*ckin' Superman heat vision. My last thought walking out the hangar door was that I might want to yank the computer, but I left it for all the reasons J. mentioned. Plus I was exhausted and trying to carry a cranky toddler back to bed. I should have appointed a guardian, but traditionally a number of my friends at these events are awake to see the sunrise.

The reaction of our friends -and several strangers whom we're now anxious to make our friends- to this thread has been completely unexpected and overwhelming. If anyone thinks I set out to find pity or charity, my original post is still there to be read at their leisure. But, while we're on the subject, to those who have offered to help us buy new equipment: we love you too. And we're not taking your money.

The reward fund will be used if the opportunity arises. Which I hope it will. Because, as much as I'd love to get our stuff back, I'd also love to be part of setting an example of what should happen when you steal from a circle of real skydivers. Call me a crazy idealist, but maybe it'll even get people to be a little more watchful over their own DZs.
OrFunV/LocoBoca Rodriguez/Sonic Grieco/Muff Brother #4411
-"and ladies....messin with Robbie is venturing into territory you cant even imagine!-cuz Robbie is

I don't know you guys but I read this entire post hoping eagerly that I was going to come across a post that said the Laptop had been returned. Since I didn't get to read that one put me down for 25.00 to up the reward. I wish it could be more but trying to get through AFF has me Little strapped at the moment. Take care and good luck with getting it back I know first hand what its like to try and deal with a toddler while you are trying to do something else.

I am truly moved by the response to this thread and the friendship that has been show by people who know you but mostly by people that don't know you. I knew skydiving was something special but this makes it even more special.

I know ill go to heaven because ive spent my time in Hell.

Little story on the perils of DZ partying...

A few years ago, when I was part of the committee running the social club at my DZ we awoke after a massive night (involving shots, absinthe and goodness-knows what else) to find that all the money in the bar was gone. All of it, except for a few coins. Gone.

We were so distressed. We ran that bar voluntarily and on a non-profit basis. We couldn't believe one of our own would do something like that.

Well, the day became a bit of a witch-hunt. We were determined to track down the thief. We thought about all the people who'd been there the night before we didn't know very well. We looked askance at those who were a little 'odd'.

All to no avail. We didn't find the bar money.

That night I went home and I was clearing out my bag - there in one of those funny little side pockets that latch up securely was a MASSIVE WAD OF CASH.

Little by little, hazy recollections started filtering into my brain. A drunken conversation amongst the committee members about the safety overnight of the cash... and it was decided I should put it somewhere 'safe'.

And not one of us remembered it the next day.

You wouldn't believe how embarassing it was to make the phone calls to everybody explaining what had happened. :$B|

I'm just glad I didn't accuse, or even question, anybody about it at the time. :S But I still feel bad about having dark thoughts about certain people.

I really, reallly hope that the same thing happened here - one of your well-meaning but very drunk friends hid the laptop somewhere 'safe'... and a very confused cleaner will find it in the freezer or something during the week... :D :P

It does sound like "that" kind of party... ;)

nothing to see here

Not to worry, Eiley...Don's an old fart and sometimes forgets what he is saying right in the middleof saying it.
He's very happy when he just remembers to pull...*G*

:D:D:D

I can assure you that whatever Don was thinking was NOT a bad thought...he just doesn't have bad thoughts of any type or flavor.:)
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

OK Robbie...I was going to do this privately with you and Marianne but I have been convinced by a mutual friend that it is better to do it publicly through this thread.

I'm in for $100 towards your reward fund.

To those of you who do not know Robbie and Marianne and who expressed sympathy, empathy or a willingness to help I say:
You guys are the best. You are showing the spirit of the skydiving community that so much impressed me when I started skydiving so many years ago and which was still carrying on when I returned to it so not long ago. You are the peeps I love and wish to get to know.
On behalf of Robbie and Marianne, I say, "Thank you."

:)
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I really, reallly hope that the same thing happened here - one of your well-meaning but very drunk friends hid the laptop somewhere 'safe'... and a very confused cleaner will find it in the freezer or something during the week... :D :P

It does sound like "that" kind of party... ;)

Honestly, I do to. Everything was so 'clean' by the PA system where the music was playing the next morning and a cake plate was neatly placed where the laptop had previously been. I hope we do find it in a freezer. That would be awesome! (I actually already looked, lol.)

I got a copy of the police report this morning.
Case # 06-03002. The serial # of the laptop was entered into the GCIC network (GBI's crime information center which is linked nation-wide) so if they take it to any pawn shop in the US it will show up as stolen and will be traceable to the seller.

I don't know if there is much else we can really do now, but hope that the culprit is identified with time.

I told Robby this morning that I didn't want him playing music at boogies anymore, which was wrong and I'm sorry for that. If I went down that road this situation would get the best of me and I will make every effort to not let that happen;)

Robby...I love you...and I will snap out of this soon. Please be patient with me...
I like coconuts. You can break them open and they smell like ladies lying in the sun!

yeah please robbie. We so prefer your singing than your music...Ok donations for an ipod..lol
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?