crashtested

Atom Legend - Cheap? or Cheerful???????

I have ordered a cutom atom legend rig, with cypress, and all the extras minus hip rings.

The rig came in at 2600 pounds or double that in dollars

An idiot friend of mine thinks that these are badly made rigs, with poor mains. (a electra)
And that it will have a rubish resale valule.

I know its going to take a while to get the rig (BTW does anyone know what the time frame is on these things)

What are peoples thoughts on these systems.. good bad or damm right ugly.

The Legend'R (the latest incarnation of the Atom family) is an excellent container, very comfortable, tough as hell. All the more if you got a good deal on it.
I can't speak for the resale value, it depends on where you are... But you definitvely didn't do a bad choice (on the contrary). The only drawback: delivery time around 6 months now, slowly decreasing from 12 a few months ago due tothe relocalization of PdF production in PISA factory...

There are an awful lot of Atoms around in my country + the surrounding ones, so there must be something good about it :D

Never jumped an Electra myself but supposedly it is way better than its predecessor the Merit which I hated. Resale value over here would be fine, although PDs always have a somewhat higher resale value than all other brands, for some reason. Then again you'd pay more for a sabre 2 too.

I have a few jumps on French reserve canopies they are great, they fly better than a PD-R (in that they fly more like a main canopy and have better flare), I likes :)

ciel bleu,
Saskia

How did you get the rig for soo cheap?
The only problem with them is the massive wait.

there is (was) an offer for a free main if you purchase a complete system. The wait has gone down a bit now, but IMHO still ridiculously long. Was 1 year, now last I heard around 6months.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM