pincheck

My trossachs walk

Thought i would share my pics from my visit to a walk i did 15 years ago and this time took a camera as well as a longer way round. total walking time 7 hours 3 hills highest Ben Ledi 2883ft high ( i know its a tiddler). This was to break me in as i decided that i would take hillwalking back up this summer.
hope you enjoy the photos which where taken with a disposable as my digi was in the house dohhhh:D

1. walk starting point
2. this was the way i came up
3. view of loch lubnaig on climb up north side
4. view of glen finglas reservoir
5. first pain in ass false summit[:/]

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun

more pics

6. sad memorial to mountain rescue hero.Most of these people are volounteers.
7. memorial plaque
8. Northen view across the Trossachs:)9. west side after leaving along the ridgeline
10 this was my exit which was for most of my time spent climbing down Gorges.

A real fun walk which after the last picture still left me with a further hours and a bit long walk back to the car but with the sun still up i managed to get back 15 mins early and phoned in to let my person i had left my route and times with i was of the mountainside and safe.

the first 2 pics actually brought back the memory from 15 years ago when i was on the first false summit meeting 2 toursists coming down in open toe sandles light summer jackets and trousers :S>:( it doesn't only cost a fortune but more to the point can cost other peoples lives when you act like a Ass in places like this.

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun

...Do you carry crampons for the snowpack? (I needed them on a climb once, didn't have them, and spent some treacherous time on hard-pack snow...)

Whooboy...dangerously close...
:o
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

...Do you carry crampons for the snowpack? (I needed them on a climb once, didn't have them, and spent some treacherous time on hard-pack snow...)

Whooboy...dangerously close...
:o

Don't go there! (You showed excellent discipline holding-back on that one.)

no crampons John it was about a foot deep but unstable due to melt, so avoided going on it or through it. As for where its part of the UK well we do have independance :ph34r: sort off.:P

On my hike in question (Wheeler Peak, NM), I couldn't avoid the hard-pack snow at one point while coming back downhill. I tried crossing by crunching my feet through the surface for a better grip, and also punching my walking stick through the surface. I still ended up losing traction and slid downhill about 50 yards, narrowly missing a big rock along the way. People get injured from that kind of stuff. I'm going to be sure to take crampons on such adventures in the future. But most of my hiking is in the southern deserts, where snow isn't an issue.